Chaplin playing for the Tigers against Brisbane in April 2015
|Full name||Troy David Chaplin|
|Date of birth||23 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Maryborough, Victoria|
|Original team(s)||Maryborough Rovers (MCDFL)
North Ballarat Rebels (TAC Cup)
|Draft||15th overall, 2003 national draft|
|Height||195 cm (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||100 kg (220 lb)|
|2004–2012||Port Adelaide||140 (10)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Troy David Chaplin (born 23 February 1986) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Port Adelaide Football Club and Richmond Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He has served as the offensive coordinator at the Melbourne Football Club since October 2016.
The then 18-year-old left footer debuted in 2004 in Round 4 against Melbourne and played eight matches in 2005. He suffered a fractured left eye socket in round one of 2006, but found consistency and collected 20 or more possessions four times that season.
Standing 196 cm tall, Troy was also a champion basketballer and was a member of the Victorian Under 18 basketball team.
He was nominated for the 2006 NAB Rising Star award in Round 16 of that season.
In July 2016, Chaplin announced his immediate retirement from the AFL.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Navaratnam, Dinny (5 October 2016). "Troy Chaplin rejects Tigers for Demon coaching role". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- Papworth, Tate (22 July 2016). "Chaplin calls it a day".
- "Chaplin injury piles on misery for Port". 4 April 2006.
- Warner, Michael; Edmund, Sam (4 October 2012). "Tigers get their man as Port Adelaide decides not to match Richmond's offer for Troy Chaplin". Herald Sun.
- "Chaplin announces retirement". RichmondFC.com.au. Bigpond. 19 July 2016. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Troy Chaplin". AFL Tables. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Troy Chaplin.|