Troy Davis (linebacker)
|No. 92 – Toronto Argonauts|
January 6, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||251 lb (114 kg)|
|High school:||Lilburn (GA) Berkmar|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Troy Michael Davis (born January 6, 1991) is a Canadian football defensive end for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Davis was signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2013. Davis played college football at UCF.
Davis attended Berkmar High School in Lilburn, Georgia. Davis was named Academic Athlete of the Year in 2007. He was an honorable mention pick in his junior season and was a first-team all-county linebacker in his senior year.
In his freshman season (2009), he appeared in 10 games but didn't record any statistics.
In his Sophomore season (2010), he appeared in 14 games in which he recorded 26 Tackles, 5.5 Sacks, a forced fumble, 6 pass deflections and one Interception.
In his Junior season (2011), he recorded 29 Tackles, 5 Sacks, 2 Pass deflections and a forced fumble in 12 regular season games. He was selected to Phil Steele's All-C-USA Third Team following his Junior season.
In his Senior season (2012), he appeared in 14 games in which he recorded 72 Tackles, a career high 8 Sacks, 3 Forced fumbles and 4 Pass deflections. He was selected to both the All-C-USA First Team and Phil Steele's All-C-USA First Team. On December 19, 2012, he was selected as UCF's Outstanding Defensive Lineman at the UCF Football Awards Banquet following his senior season.
New York Jets
On April 27, 2013, Davis signed with the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent. He was released on August 31, 2013  but was signed to the team's practice squad a day later. On September 25, 2013, he was released from the practice squad  before being re-signed to the squad on October 2, 2013. Ten days later on October 12, he was promoted to the active roster. Davis made his NFL debut in week 8 of the 2013 season on October 27 against the Cincinnati Bengals. Playing on special teams he recorded two tackles and made a 7-yard kickoff return after collecting a squibber. He was released on August 30, 2014.
On September 27, 2015, Davis signed a practice roster agreement with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League. Davis was activated to play in the East Division Final on November 21, 2015, but recorded no stats playing in that game. After signing a contract extension with the Tiger-Cats on December 16, 2015, Davis was released during their training camp on June 15, 2016.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "UCF Knights Profile". ucfathletics.com.
- "PHIL STEELE'S 2011 POSTSEASON ALL-CUSA TEAM". philsteele.com.
- "2012 C-USA Football All-Conference Teams". conferenceusa.com. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- "PHIL STEELE'S 2012 POSTSEASON ALL-CUSA TEAM" (PDF). philsteele.com.
- "UCF Holds Annual Football Awards Banquet in St. Petersburg". ucfathletics.com. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Signed: Ivory, Peterman; Agreed: 15 UDFAs". newyorkjets.com. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- Lange, Randy (31 August 2013). "Jets Move 22, Get Down to 53-Man Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Lange, Randy (1 September 2013). "3 Arrive Via Waivers; 7 Added to Practice Squad". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Martin, Kimberley (25 September 2013). "Jets add ex-Hofstra RB Huggins to practice squad". Newsday. Archived from the original on 26 September 2013. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Jets Staff (2 October 2013). "Jets Sign WR David Nelson to Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 5 October 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Wilkening, Mike (12 October 2013). "Jets promote linebacker Troy Davis from practice squad". ProFootballTalk. Archived from the original on 13 October 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- Lange, Randy (2 November 2013). "STS: Troy Davis earns his keep in Jets debut". New York Jets.
- Lange, Randy (August 30, 2014). "Jets Make Final Cuts to Get to 53". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 30, 2014. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- Archer, Todd (October 21, 2014). "Michael Sam waived by Cowboys". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 21, 2014.