August 27, 1989 |
Brookfield, WI, USA
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
|NHL team||San Jose Sharks|
Grosenick was born and raised in the Waukesha suburb of Brookfield, WI, where he attended Brookfield East High School and graduated in 2007. He then went on to play with Team Illinois' Midget Major team for a year, and eventually ended up playing for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders for two years before heading off to play for Union College in New York.
Grosenick played for the Union Dutchmen in the NCAA Men's Division I ECAC Hockey conference. In his sophomore year (2011–2012), Grosenick's outstanding play was recognized when he won the Ken Dryden Award as the ECAC Goaltender of the Year, and was selected to the 2011–12 ECAC First Team All-League. He was also named a First-Team AHCA All-American and was a Hobey Baker Award Finalist.
On April 8, 2013, following his third year at Union, Grosenick signed a two-year entry-level contract with the San Jose Sharks.
On November 12, 2014, Grosenick was called up after goalie Alex Stalock was placed on injured reserve. He made his NHL debut on November 16, 2014 against the Carolina Hurricanes where he went on to record a 45-save 2–0 shutout, becoming the 22nd goalie to record a shutout in their debut, and at the same time setting a record for most saves in a shutout debut in the modern era.
|2008–09||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||USHL||24||13||5||4||1363||53||1||2.33||.910||1||0||0||39||0||2||3.09||.778|
|2009–10||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||USHL||44||26||14||2||2509||110||4||2.63||.902||4||2||1||192||6||1||1.88||.949|
|2014–15||San Jose Sharks||NHL||2||1||1||0||118||3||1||1.53||.948||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|Ken Dryden Award ECAC Goaltender of the Year||2011–12|||
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2011–12|||
|AHCA East First-Team All-American||2011–12|
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2012|||
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2013|||
- Cady, Brian (March 16, 2012). "Union Men’s Hockey Rack Up ECAC Postseason Awards". WTMM-FM 104.5 The Team. Retrieved November 16, 2014.
- "Sharks Sign Goaltender Troy Grosenick". San Jose Sharks. April 8, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2014.
- Kurz, Kevin (November 12, 2014). "Sharks place Stalock on IR, recall Grosenick". csnbayarea.com. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Peters, Chris (November 16, 2014). "Sharks G Troy Grosenick makes 45 saves for shutout in NHL debut". CBS Sports. Retrieved November 16, 2014.
- Associated Press (November 16, 2014). "Sharks goalie Troy Grosenick debuts with shutout of Hurricanes". Foxsports.com. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- Pashelka, Curtis (November 17, 2014). "Sharks' rookie goalie Troy Grosenick relishes support from family". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- Schott, Ken (March 15, 2012). "Union coach Bennett wins Tim Taylor Award; goalie Grosenick wins Ken Dryden Award (Final)". The Daily Gazette (Schenectady, NY). Retrieved November 16, 2014.
- ECAC Hockey Mobile : League Announces Regular-Season Awards
- "All-Tournament Honors" (PDF). ECAC Hockey. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
|Awards and achievements|
|Ken Dryden Award
|ECAC Hockey Most Outstanding Player in Tournament