|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly
from the 7th Legislative District
November 21, 2011
Serving with Herb Conaway
|Preceded by||Jack Conners|
June 30, 1973 |
|Residence||Palmyra, New Jersey|
|Alma mater||B.S. Rowan University (business administration)|
|Occupation||Labor Union Executive|
|Website||Legislative web page|
Troy Singleton (born June 30, 1973) is an American Democratic Party politician who has served in the New Jersey General Assembly, representing the 7th Legislative District since November 21, 2011, when he was sworn in to fill the unexpired term of Jack Conners.
Singleton was born on June 30, 1973 in Philadelphia, was raised in Willingboro Township, New Jersey, and currently resides in Palmyra, New Jersey. He earned a B.S. degree in business administration from Rowan University. He is a member of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America Local 715 and serves as President of the New Jersey Carpenter Contractor Trust.
He has been a commissioner of the Burlington County Bridge Commission since 2009, the New Jersey Turnpike Authority Commission (2009–11), and the Rowan University Board of Trustees (2009–11). He was deputy executive director of the New Jersey Democratic State Committee in 2001. He is also a member of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America (UBC) Local 255 and currently serves as the Assistant to the Executive. Secretary-Treasurer of the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters. Troy was a member of the Board of Trustees of the Boys & Girls Club of Camden County.
On March 29, 2011, Jack Conners announced that, due to redistricting, he would not seek another term to the Assembly in 2011. He announced his resignation on August 26, 2011, effective immediately to accept a position with Camden County as its director of veterans' affairs. Singleton was selected by the Burlington County and Camden County Democratic committees to fill the vacant seat, and he defended it as an incumbent in the general election. He was sworn in on November 21, 2011, to finish the remainder of Conners' term and was sworn into his first full term on January 10, 2012.
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 7th District for the 2016-2017 Legislative Session are:
- "Assemblyman Troy Singleton". Facebook. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Assemblyman Troy Singleton Bio Page". NJ Assembly Majority Office. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- "Assemblyman Troy Singleton". New Jersey Legislature. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- David Levinsky (2011-08-26). "Conners leaves Assembly early to accept Camden County position". Burlington County Times. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- David Levinsky (2011-11-22). "Singleton and Nardello sworn into state Assembly". Burlington County Times. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Turnover in N.J. Legislature is slight". Asbury Park Press. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Legislative Roster 2012-2013 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 22, 2014.
- Assemblyman Troy Singleton's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms
|New Jersey General Assembly|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly for the 7th District
November 21, 2011 – present
With: Herb Conaway