Troy Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Troy Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
High House just north of Delaware
Location of Troy Township in Delaware County
|• Total||24.5 sq mi (63.5 km2)|
|• Land||23.3 sq mi (60.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.2 sq mi (3.0 km2)|
|Elevation||925 ft (282 m)|
|• Density||91/sq mi (35.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086060|
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Marlboro Township - north
- Oxford Township - northeast
- Brown Township - southeast
- Delaware Township - south
- Radnor Township - west
Name and history
Troy Township was organized in 1816.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Emergency medical services in Concord Township are provided by the Delaware County EMS.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Troy township, Delaware County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- History of Delaware County and Ohio. O. L. Baskin & Company. 1880. p. 523.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Delaware County EMS