Truckee Meadows Community College
|President||Dr. Karin Hilgersom Total Pay and Benefits $263,193.16|
|Location||Reno, Nevada, U.S.|
|Colors||Black & Green|
Truckee Meadows Community College is a medium-sized, 2-year, public community college and technical college located in the Truckee Meadows of Reno, Nevada. The Community College is primarily a commuter campus. with 3 academic locations. The main (Dandini) campus is located just north of Interstate 80 and U.S. Route 395 in Reno. The Health Science Center located south of the city of Reno and the Meadowood Center located near the Reno–Tahoe International Airport serve as satellite campuses. TMCC offers students both certificate and associate degrees. From 1971 to 1979, the college was a branch of Western Nevada Community College. Its current name is based on its primary service area, Truckee Meadows in Reno and Sparks. The college has more than 500 faculty and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on College and Universities. The college serves more than 13,000 students each semester in state-supported classes. The average teacher salary at TMCC is $61,255. The Student Teacher Ratio at TMCC is calculated based on the number of full-time teachers reported by the school is 36:1. TMCC is Regionally Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
The college offers a university-transfer program and a wide variety of occupational and applied technical programs, including a large number of developmental courses, particularly in mathematics and English to prepare students to take university transfer courses. Starting in the 1980s, the student demand for courses and programs created a need for more facilities. In addition to expanding the Dandini Campus, the college established the IGT Applied Technology Center (March 1999), Meadowood Center (February 2003), the Nell J. Redfield Foundation Performing Arts Center (September 2003) and the TMCC High Tech Center at Redfield (September 2005).
The college offers degrees and certificates in 25 different fields. Popular programs include: Health Professions and Related Programs, Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, and Science Technologies/Technicians.
TMCC offers Degrees in the employment sectors of Aerospace and Defense in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Healthcare, Nursing, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Radiologic Tech, Agriculture, Food Processing and Veterinary Technician, Information Technology, advanced networking, computer literacy, A+, Microsoft, Unix, Cisco, Web development and Energy, Manufacturing & Mining, IGT Applied Technology, geothermal and energy auditing and offers one of the few Geothermal Plant Operator programs in the world. TMCC has offered a construction technologies associate of applied science degree with an emphasis on renewable energy.
Employment and Career / Job Placement Opportunities 2016
TMCC prides itself in offering current students and graduates with opportunities to work with Northern Nevada employers. TMCC has a successful track record in matching students with various economic employment opportunities. TMCC students can log into a CareerLink to find on-campus and off-campus employment. There are many opportunities as the campus points out, "job listings are searchable to make it easier and faster to find the job you want!" Some of the opportunities students students can qualify for include:
- Reservation Desk / Customer Service
- Dental Assistant
- Guest Experience Expert
- Hair Stylist
- Security Officer
College Education Ranking
TMCC's Remediation Trends and Placement into Remedial‐level Mathematics and/or English Course within one year for recent Nevada High School Graduates and All First‐time Freshmen for the 2013 school year are as follows 1,027 students enrolled, 793 or (77.2%) Placed Below College‐Level, For the academic year of 2014, 964 students enrolled, 652 or (67%) Placed Below College‐Level.
The College's Workforce Development & Continuing Education department offers short non-credit courses in a variety of subject areas. The college encourages non-faculty community members to propose interesting non-credit courses; potential instructors are "interviewed and selected for their confidence in their subject and their willingness to share their expertise.
- "California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office - Data Mart". Truckee Meadows Community College. Retrieved November 23, 2016.
- "Truckee Meadows Community College - TMCC - The College Board". Truckee Meadows Community College. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Explore Truckee Meadows Community College High School". Truckee Meadows Community College. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- "Truckee Meadows Community College - TMCC - The College Board". Truckee Meadows Community College. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- "Truckee Meadows Community College in Reno, NV | Degrees & Certificates | US News Education". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- "Truckee Meadows Community College" (PDF). Truckee Meadows Community College.
- "Truckee Meadows Community College". Black Rock Solar. September 13, 2013. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- "Off-Campus Jobs - Career Center - Truckee Meadows Community College". Truckee Meadows Community College. Retrieved October 15, 2016.
- Board of Regents. "2014‐15 Remedial Placement & Enrollment Report" (PDF). ACADEMIC, RESEARCH AND STUDENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE NEVADA.
- Official website
- Course Catalog
- Class Schedules
- Academic and Events Calendar
- TMCC Continuing Education Courses
- Continuing Education and Noncredit Course Descriptions
- Elizabeth Sturm Library
- TMCC Institutional Research Publications