|Directed by||Chris Thomson|
|Produced by||Mark Amin|
|Written by||Brian Taggert|
by Stephen King
|Music by||Michael Richard Plowman|
|Distributed by||Trimark Pictures|
Trucks is a 1997 Canadian and American television horror film directed by Chris Thomson. It is based on Stephen King's short story "Trucks", which also serves as the source material for the earlier film Maximum Overdrive, the only film directed by King.
In a small American town, the town residents live peacefully. But one day, trucks mysteriously start to come to life and develop their own minds. The trucks end up prompting violence, starting to destroy houses and kill people. The rest of the townspeople have to figure out a way to destroy them all, before they kill all the residents of the town.
- Timothy Busfield as Ray Porter
- Brenda Bakke as Hope Gladstone
- Aidan Devine as Trucker Bob
- Roman Podhora as Thad Timmy
- Jay Brazeau as Jack
- Brendan Fletcher as Logan Porter
- Amy Stewart as Abby Timmy
- Victor Cowie as George "Georgie"
- Sharon Bajer as June Yeager
- Jonathan Barrett as Brad Yeager
- Rick Skene as Trucker Pete
- Don Granberry as Sheriff
- Kirk Harper as Lino
- Harry Nelken as Phil