Trud Stadium (Tomsk)
|Field size||105 x 68|
|Opened||1 June 1929|
The Trud Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Tomsk, Russia. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home ground of FC Tom' Tomsk. The stadium holds 10,000.[permanent dead link]. It was built in 1929.
Prior to their promotion to the Russian First Division, Trud lacked many facilities common to many European stadiums, including proper toilets. Once the team advanced and received increased sponsorship money, there were new stands built to increase the capacity of the stadium. The field was also improved with a subterranean heating system to contend with Siberian snowfalls.
In preparation for the 2005 season in the Russian Premier League, substantial renovation was performed on the stadium.
- A new north stand was built which holds 2,730 fans.
- Two luxury suites were constructed over the west stand with room for 40 persons.
- New sound systems were installed.
- Expansion and renovation of player locker rooms.
- A long-awaited renovation of the toilets.
- Improved ingress to the stadium.
The venue opened on 1 June 1929.
|This article about a Russian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|