|Headquarters||True Tower, |
TrueMove H is a mobile telecommunication operator provided by Real Move Co., Ltd. and True Move H Universal Communication Co., Ltd. (formerly Real Future Co., Ltd.), subsidiaries of True Corporation. It is the second largest operator in Thailand.
Real Move is a mobile virtual network operator that uses CAT Telecom's 850 MHz network, acquired from Hutchison CAT Wireless MultiMedia Ltd (Hutch). True Move H uses 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2100 MHz, which licenses were granted by Thailand's National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission.
The predecessor brand "TrueMove" was operating on GSM 1800 MHz network when the license expired in September 2013.
True Move now provides 5G in Thailand.
In 2000, Charoen Pokphand (CP) acquired Wireless Communication Services Co., Ltd. (WCS), a company with a license to operate mobile telecommunication service on 1800 MHz.
In 2001, WCS formed a partnership with a global telecom Orange, and WCS was later renamed to CP Orange. In 2002, it was renamed to TA Orange.
In 2004, Orange sold its stake in TA Orange to TelecomAsia for the nominal price of TH฿ 1.
TA Orange continued to be marketed as Orange until 2006.
TA Orange was rebranded to TrueMove in 2006 after TelecomAsia was rebranded to True Corporation.
In 2010, True Corporation acquired Hutch and its subsidiary from CAT Telecom. Real Move, a subsidiary of True, replaced Hutch as an operator of CAT's 850 MHz CDMA network.
TrueMove H was launched as a brand to market the reselling of 850 MHz from CAT Telecom.
TrueMove H launched its 4G service in a limited scale on 8 May 2013. It was the first 4G service in Thailand using LTE technology.
In 2012, True's subsidiary, Real Future (now True Move H), won the 2100 MHz license, together with its rivals AIS and Dtac.
In 2015, True Move H won the licenses for 900 MHz and 1800 MHz.
On November 22, 2021, Telenor and Charoen Pokphand Group, officially announced they have agreed to explore a USD 8.6 billion merger plan between Thailand’s second and third largest telecom operators (by subscribers), True Corporation (TRUE) and Total Access Communication (DTAC) – The proposed merger is subject to regulatory approvals. The merger was "acknowledged" by the regulator NBTC at a meeting on October 20, 2022. The newly merged company still retain the True Corporation name, which was founded on March 1, 2023 and it was listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand under the stock ticker symbol TRUE on March 3, 2023.
Issuing SIM card without checking ID
In July 2016, a businessman from Ayutthaya lost TH฿ 986,700 after TrueMove H issued a new SIM card to a thief without checking an ID. The SIM card was said to be linked to the businessman's online account with , and the thief used the SIM card to obtain a new passcode to access the victim's online account. Kasikorn paid the victim with full compensation, while TrueMove H agreed to give the victim a new Apple iPhone 6s Plus and one year of free calls.
- ^ "Data consumption to soar". bangkokpost.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- ^ "True Move, AIS want quick 2G licensing auctions". bangkokpost.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- ^ a b Thailand, Nation Multimedia Group Public Company Limited, Nationmultimedia.com. "First telecom concession expiry under new licensing regime occurs tomorrow - The Nation". Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- ^ TeleGeography. "Orange announces exit strategy from Thai market". telegeography.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- ^ PCL., Post Publishing. "True Move first to launch 4G but on limited scale". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- ^ TeleGeography. "2100MHz auction raises USD1.35bn, only 3% above floor price". www.telegeography.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- ^ "A deep dive into the TRUE/DTAC merger in Thailand". Yozzo.com. Retrieved 2022-01-06.
- ^ Thai telecoms regulator allows $7.3bn True-DTAC merger
- ^ เปิดไทม์ไลน์ “TRUE-DTAC” เดินหน้าควบรวมกิจการสินทรัพย์ 8 แสนล้าน หลัง บอร์ด กสทช. ไฟเขียว ลือสะพัดชื่อบริษัทใหม่“TRUE-D” (in Thai)
- ^ Explainer: True-Dtac merger deal born after 9 months
- ^ “ทรู-ดีแทค” ยกเลิกรับซื้อหุ้นคืน เดินหน้าควบรวมต่อ ตั้งเป้าเสร็จไตรมาส 1/66 (in Thai)
- ^ Court keeps True, DTAC merger on track
- ^ DTAC-TRUE กอดคอวิ่ง! รับแผนควบรวมฉลุย จับตา “หุ้นใหม่” เข้าเทรด 1 ก.พ.66 (in Thai)
- ^ DTAC-TRUE บวกสวนตลาด หลังควบรวมฯคืบหน้า โบรกฯแนะเก็งกำไร (in Thai)
- ^ "Institutions urged to plug loopholes in identification". Bangkok Post. 2016-08-24. Archived from the original on 2018-02-04. Retrieved 29 May 2023 – via PressReader.