TrueMove H is a mobile telecommunication operator provided by Real Move Co., Ltd. and True Move H Universal Communication Co., Ltd. (formerly Real Future Co., Ltd.), subsidiaries of True Corporation. It is the second largest operator in Thailand.
Real Move is a mobile virtual network operator that uses CAT Telecom's 850 MHz network, acquired from Hutchison CAT Wireless MultiMedia Ltd (Hutch). True Move H uses 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2100 MHz, which licenses were granted by Thailand's National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission.
The predecessor brand "TrueMove" was operating on GSM 1800 MHz network when the license expired in September 2013.
In 2001, WCS formed a partnership with a global telecom Orange, and WCS was later renamed to CP Orange. In 2002, it was renamed to TA Orange.
In 2004, Orange sold its stake in TA Orange to TelecomAsia for the nominal price of TH฿ 1.
TA Orange continued to be marketed as Orange until 2006.
TA Orange was rebranded to TrueMove in 2006 after TelecomAsia was rebranded to True Corporation.
In 2010, True Corporation acquired Hutch and its subsidiary from CAT Telecom. Real Move, a subsidiary of True, replaced Hutch as an operator of CAT's 850 MHz CDMA network.
TrueMove H was launched as a brand to market the reselling of 850 MHz from CAT Telecom.
TrueMove H launched its 4G service in a limited scale on 8 May 2013. It was the first 4G service in Thailand using LTE technology.
In 2015, True Move H won the licenses for 900 MHz and 1800 MHz.
Issuing SIM card without checking ID
In July 2016, a businessman from Ayutthaya lost TH฿ 986,700 after TrueMove H issued a new SIM card to a thief without checking an ID. The SIM card was said to be linked to the businessman's online account with Kasikorn Bank, and the thief used the SIM card to obtain a new passcode to access the victim's online account. Kasikorn paid the victim with full compensation, while TrueMove H agreed to give the victim a new Apple iPhone 6s Plus and one year of free calls.
- Limited, Bangkok Post Public Company. "Data consumption to soar". bangkokpost.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- Limited, Bangkok Post Public Company. "True Move, AIS want quick 2G licensing auctions". bangkokpost.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- Thailand, Nation Multimedia Group Public Company Limited, Nationmultimedia.com,. "First telecom concession expiry under new licensing regime occurs tomorrow - The Nation". Retrieved 7 September 2016.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- TeleGeography. "Orange announces exit strategy from Thai market". telegeography.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- PCL., Post Publishing. "True Move first to launch 4G but on limited scale". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- TeleGeography. "2100MHz auction raises USD1.35bn, only 3% above floor price". www.telegeography.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.