|Origin||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Genres||Stoner rock, shoegazing|
|Labels||Kemado, Relapse, End Sounds|
Timothy "Slim" Starks
The band, which describes its own style of slow, heavy, cerebral music as "stonegaze", formed in November 2007. Phillips previously served guitar and lead vocal duties in the more indie rock-oriented Dallas band Slowride. True Widow's self-titled debut album was released in 2008 on the Texas independent record label, End Sounds. They toured the US in early 2011 opening for Surfer Blood and …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, and later in 2011 opening for Boris and Asobi Seksu. In May 2012, they toured with Kurt Vile. True Widow's third album, Circumambulation, was released in July 2013 on Relapse Records, which signed the band in January 2013. It was recorded at the Echo Lab studio in Argyle, Texas, with record producer and sound engineer Matt Pence, who also produced their sophomore album.
- True Widow (End Sounds, 2008)
- As High As the Highest Heavens and From the Center to the Circumference of the Earth (Kemado, 2011)
- Circumambulation (Relapse, 2013)
- Avvolgere (Relapse, 2016)
- I.N.O. (12") (Kemado, 2011)
- Violitionist Sessions (Violitionist Sessions, 2011)
- "Skull Eyes" (promo CD) (Kemado, 2011)
- "AKA" (2009) (filmed in Sweden)
- "Skull Eyes" (2011)
- "S:H:S" (2013)
- "Theurgist" (2016)
- "F. W. T. S: L. T. M." (2016)
- Gregory Heaney. "True Widow | Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "True Widow - Relapse Records : Death Metal, Grindcore, Extreme Metal". Relapse.com. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Gregory Heaney. "Circumambulation - True Widow | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Circumambulation - True Widow | Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-07-26.