Trump National Golf Club (Bedminster, New Jersey)
|Location||Bedminster, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Established||2004, 13 years ago|
|Designed by||Tom Fazio and Tom Fazio II|
|Length||7,580 yards (6,931 m)|
|Slope rating||151 |
|Designed by||Tom Fazio|
|Length||7,511 yards (6,868 m)|
|Slope rating||149 |
Donald Trump bought the property, which included the estate of automaker John Z. De Lorean, for less than $35 million in 2002. It was previously known as Lamington Farm and the site of a foundering golf course construction project. The 36-hole club was built by golf course architects, Tom Fazio and Tom Fazio II, and the first course opened thirteen years ago in 2004.
The United States Golf Association announced that the golf club will host the U.S. Women's Open in 2017, scheduled for July 13–16. The Professional Golfers' Association of America awarded the course the 2022 Men's PGA Championship.
In November 2016, after Trump's presidential election, the property was used to host meetings for the Donald Trump presidential transition. Representative Leonard Lance predicted that the resort could become "Camp David North".
In May 2017, President Trump started to use the property for weekend retreats stating that staying at his property in Bedminster is less expensive and disruptive than going to Trump Tower in New York city.
- "Course Rating and Slope Database™: Trump National NJ - Old Course". USGA. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- "Course Rating and Slope Database™: Trump National NJ - New Course". USGA. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- "Postings: Part of Stalled Development in New Jersey; Trump Buys Golf Course". The New York Times. September 22, 2002. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- "Trump buying Bedminster golf course". New Jersey Hills Media Group. September 12, 2002. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- "Mogul buying DeLorean land". Las Vegas Sun. (Nevada). September 17, 2002. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- Renshaw, Jarrett (January 30, 2012). "Donald Trump looks to spend eternity in N.J. as real estate mogul seeks private cemetery". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- Henry, Samantha (February 2, 2012). "Trump offers golden graves for silver-spoon set". Springfield News-Sun. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- McCarthy, Michael (January 26, 2007). "The Donald's empire wants golf in a major way with U.S. Open". USA Today. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- "Ivanka Trump Says "I Do!"". Us Weekly. October 25, 2009. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- Craven, Laura (September 11, 2009). "Ivanka Trump to wed at Donald Trump's Bedminster golf club". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- "2017 Women's Open To Trump National". USGA. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- "Trump courses to host majors". ESPN. Associated Press. May 1, 2014.
- Michael S. Schmidt and Julie Hirschfeld (November 19, 2016). "Trump Meets with Romney as He Starts to Look Outside His Inner Circle". New York Times.
- Nir, Sarah Maslin (2016-12-30). "Sleepy New Jersey Town Wakes to a New Identity: Trump’s ‘Camp David North’". The New York Times.
- "Trump defends decision to spend weekend in Bedminster". Los Angeles Times. May 6, 2017. Retrieved May 15, 2017.