Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower
|Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama|
Trump Hotel, Panama
|Location||Punta Colon, Punta Pacifica, Panama City, Panama|
|Tip||293 m (961 ft)|
|Roof||284.4 m (933 ft)|
|Floor area||252,000 m2 (2,710,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Arias Serna Saravia S.A.|
|Developer||Espacios Urbanos, K Group, Trump Organization|
The Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama (formerly Trump Ocean Club or Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower) is a 70-story, 2,500,000 sq ft (230,000 m2), mixed-use waterfront condominium tower development in Panama City, Panama.
The project was designed by Colombian architects Arias - Serna - Saravia S.A. The building is situated on a beachfront lot with views of the Pacific Ocean and Panama Bay, in the area of Punta Pacifica. The building was developed by real estate tycoon Donald Trump of the Trump Organization and Roger Khafif, President of the K Group, a Panama resort developer. The project includes 369 hotel condominium units, 700 condominium units, 1500 parking spaces, retail shops, casino, use of a private beach club on Viveros Island, yacht club and pier, wellness spa, gym, pool deck, meeting and event spaces, and a business center.
The hotel opened on July 6, 2011. On September 21, 2011, it was indicated by Bloomberg.com that Fitch Ratings downgraded $220 million in bonds that Newland International Properties, Corp. is using to finance construction of the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Panama. The downgrade to CCsf from B-sf, resulted from "continued uncertainty over the willingness and ability" of buyers to take possession of apartment units, according to Fitch documents.
In November 2012, Sun International announced plans to open a 75,000-square-foot (7,000 m2) casino at the property with 600 slot machines and 32 table games. The company paid $45.5 million for the rights to the space, and planned to spend another $60 million to develop it for an opening in mid-2014.
- List of tallest buildings in Panama City
- Vasco da Gama Tower - similar structure in Lisbon, Portugal
- W Barcelona - a similar-shaped skyscraper in Barcelona, Spain
- Spinnaker Tower - similar structure in Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- "Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower". Skyscraperpage. Retrieved July 20, 2011.
- "Arias Serna Saravia". TrumpOceanClub.com. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- Sabo, Eric (September 21, 2011). "Fitch Downgrades Trump Hotel Builder in Panama, Citing Defaults". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower Panama (November 29, 2012). "Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower Panama announces Sun International as casino operator" (Press release). Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- The International Herald Tribune (21 May 2008). "Trump project in Panama goes to court over talk it copied design of famous Dubai hotel". Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- Brass, Kevin. "Donald finally comes up trumps in Panama | The National". Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Trump International Hotel and Tower Panama Review". www.luxurylatinamerica.com. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower.|