Trumpets and Raspberries
|Trumpets and Raspberries|
|Written by||Dario Fo|
The fictional plot revolves around a real political figure, Gianni Agnelli, head of the Fiat corporation from 1966 to 2003. When Agnelli is disfigured in a failed kidnap attempt, he is rescued by Antonio, one of his Fiat employees. Antonio flees the scene when people start shooting at him, leaving his jacket on Agnelli's body. Agnelli is taken to hospital in Antonio's jacket, where he mistakenly has his face reconstructed in Antonio's likeness. Farcical confusion ensues.
List of characters
- Antonio Berardi / Gianni Agnelli (normally played by the same person)
- Rosa Berardi
- Police Inspector
- Secret Agent Leader Fellini
- Man with Fridge
- Secret Agents / Orderlies
Ed Emery has carried out an authorised English adaptation (Trumpets and Raspberries).
Ron Jenkins has carried out an authorised English adaptation (About Face).
- Mitchell, Tony (1999), Dario Fo: People's Court Jester (Updated and Expanded), London: Methuen, ISBN 0-413-73320-3.
- Mitchell 1999, p. 163
- Mitchell, Tony. The People's Court Jester, Metheun Books, London, 1999.
- English translation: http://www.geocities.ws/dariofoarchive/trumpets.html
- Fo, Dario. About Face, trans. Ron Jenkins, Samuel French, New York.