Trunk to Cairo
|Trunk to Cairo|
Original film poster
|Directed by||Menahem Golan|
|Produced by||Menahem Golan|
|Written by||Marc Behm
|Music by||Dov Seltzer|
|Edited by||Danny Shik|
|Distributed by||American International Pictures|
Mike Merrick (Audie Murphy) is an American agent who is sent to meet with Professor Schlieben (George Sanders) a German scientist. During the mission it is revealed that the professor is a Neo-Nazi, developing a weaponized rocket that can be used against the Western world. Merrick now must destroy the rocket plans hidden in Schlieben's lab. Things are further complicated when Radical Muslims insist on destroying the rocket themselves and Merrick. After kidnapping Schlieben's daughter he must now escape Middle Eastern intelligence agencies against impossible odds.
- Audie Murphy .... Mike Merrick
- George Sanders .... Professor Schlieben
- Marianne Koch .... Helga Schlieben
- Hans von Borsody .... Hans Klugg
- Joseph Yadin .... Captain Gabar
- Gila Almagor .... Yasmin
- Eytan Priver .... Jamil
- Bomba Zur .... Ali
- Ze'ev Berlinski
- Shlomo Paz
- Anna Schnell
- Eliezer Young
- Murphy's first non-western or war film since The Quiet American.
- The film's title was inspired by the 1964 discovery at Rome Airport of a bound and drugged man inside a trunk sent from the Egyptian Embassy at Rome to Cairo, marked "diplomatic mail."
- The film included music by Dov Seltzer and a song “Dangerous Woman” written by Jean Raskin and sung by Ouela Gill.
- See also: Operation Damocles (German rocket scientists in Egypt)
- "Trunk to Cairo". audiemurphy.com. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- The Films of Audie Murphy - Page 212 0786445084 Bob Larkins, Boyd Magers - 2004 ... Daliah Priver; Sound Recording: Z. Naghtigal; Hair Stylist: R. Rimmel; Music: Dov Seltzer; Song: “Dangerous Woman” by ... such was the demand that even the shoddiest European co-production could find a willing market, so Trunk to Cairo .