Trust Bank Limited (Gambia)
|Traded as||GSE: TBL|
|Headquarters||34 Ecowas Avenue
Banjul, the Gambia
|Ken Afori Atta
Pa Macoumba Njie
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||:Aftertax:US$3.57 million (GMD:139.6 million) (2013)|
|Total assets||US$121.4 million (GMD:4.75 billion (2013)|
Number of employees
Trust Bank (Gambia) Limited, commonly known as Trust Bank Limited (TBL), but also referred to as Trust Bank (Gambia), is a private commercial bank in the Gambia. It is one of the fourteen (14) commercial banks licensed by the Central Bank of the Gambia, the national banking regulator.
Trust Bank Limited was founded in 1997 by private investors, with the objective of offering banking services to local and International individuals and businesses in a timely, professional, courteous manner, in a profitable framework. At its inception, Trust Bank acquired the assets and liabilities of the defunct Meridian Biao (Gambia) Bank. In 2002, the shares of stock of Trust Bank Gambia Limited were listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange (GHA), where they trade under the symbol: TBL.
Trust bank is a medium-sized financial services provider in the Gambia. As of December 2013, the bank's total asset valuation was about US$121.4 million (GMD:4.75 billion), with shareholders' equity in excess of US$11.3 million (GMD:440.2 million). The bank is one of the largest commercial banks in the Gambia, both by asset size and by branch network.
The bank has over 1,000 shareholders with the largest shareholder being the Social Security and Housing Finance Corporation, (SSHFC) of the Gambia. The table below outlines the shareholding in the bank's stock.
|Trust Bank (Gambia) Stock Ownership|
- Head Office - 34 Ecowas Avenue, Banjul
- Bakau Branch - Sait Matty Road, Bakau
- Airport Branch - Banjul International Airport, Yundum
- Bakoteh Branch - Tipper Garage, Bakoteh
- Basse Santa-Su Branch - Upper River Division, Basse Santa-Su
- Brikama Branch - Western Region, Brikama
- Farafenni Branch - North Bank Region, Farafenni
- Kaloli/Senegambia Branch - Wilmon Company Building, Bertil Harding Highway, Kaloli
- Latrikunda Branch - Sabiji, Serrekunda
- Serrekunda Branch 2 - Sayerr Jobe Avenue, Saho Kunda, Serrekunda
- Serrekunda Branch 3 - Westfield Junction, Serrekunda
- Soma Branch - Lower River Region, Soma
- The, Point (10 December 2007). "Interview with Mr. Pa Macoumba Njie, Managing Director of Trust Bank Ltd. On TBL's 10th Anniversary". Gambia News Community (Wow.gm). Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Commercial Banks In The Gambia". Central Bank of The Gambia. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Trust Bank Limited: Unaudited Balance Sheet As At 31 December 2013". Slideshare.net. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Ndow, Musa (16 May 2008). "Trust Bank Profits Fall by 65% While Total Assets Increased by 14%". The Observer (Gambia). Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "About Trust Bank Gambia Limited". Trust Bank Limited (The Gambia). Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Trust Bank Gambia Limited". Accessgambia.com (Gambia Information Site). Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Trust Bank Branch Locator". Trust Bank Gambia Limited. Retrieved 14 April 2014.