Trust Me (UK TV series)
|Written by||Dan Sefton|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||4 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Gaynor Holmes|
|Running time||55 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Red Production Company|
|Original network||BBC One|
|Picture format||2.39:1 1080p|
|Original release||8 August 2017– present|
Trust Me is a British medical drama that premiered on BBC One. The four-part first series aired in August 2017, and was written by Dan Sefton. In February 2018, the programme was renewed for a second series.
- Jodie Whittaker as Cath Hardacre/Alison 'Ally' Sutton
- Emun Elliott as Dr. Andy Brenner
- Sharon Small as Dr. Brigitte Rayne
- Blake Harrison as Karl, Cath's ex-husband
- Nathan Welsh as Sam Kelly, a journalist
- Cara Kelly as Mona McBride
- Lois Chimimba as Nurse Karen
- Michael Abubakar as Dr. Charlie McKee
- Andrea Lowe as Dr. Alison Sutton
On 23 February 2018, it was announced that Trust Me would return for a second series, featuring a new premise and an entirely new cast owing to Jodie Whittaker's casting as the Thirteenth Doctor in Doctor Who. The second series will be set on the neurological unit of South Lothian Hospital, following Syrian tour veteran Captain James 'Jamie' McKay as he recovers from spinal injuries and psychological trauma whilst facing a potential new enemy as patients unexpectedly die around him.
|No.||Episode||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||UK viewers|
|1||Episode 1||John Alexander||Dan Sefton||8 August 2017||7.63|
|Sheffield nurse and single mother Cath Hardacre loses her job after raising concerns about patient neglect. She assumes the identity of her friend Alison Sutton and seeks a job as an A&E doctor in Edinburgh.|
|2||Episode 2||John Alexander||Dan Sefton||15 August 2017||7.09|
|Cath becomes close to colleague Andy Brenner. Her secret is threatened due to factors such as her need for a passport under her new name or Andy meeting with a former classmate of the real Alison.|
|3||Episode 3||Amy Neil||Dan Sefton||22 August 2017||6.88|
|Andy deals with what he's learned. Cath and Brigitte are involved in a serious incident at work.|
|4||Episode 4||Amy Neil||Dan Sefton||29 August 2017||6.91|
|Cath's personal and professional lives start to fall apart as Karl arrives in Edinburgh.|
- "Dan Sefton's new psychological thriller starring Jodie Whittaker". BBC Media Centre. 26 July 2017.
- "BBC One's Trust Me will return for a second series WITHOUT Jodie Whittaker". Digital Spy. 23 February 2018.
- "Meet the cast of BBC1 thriller Trust Me". Radio Times. 15 August 2017.
- "Weekly Viewing Summary (see relevant week)". BARB.