Try Me, I Know We Can Make It
|"Try Me, I Know We Can Make It"|
U.S. 7-inch vinyl single
|Single by Donna Summer|
|from the album A Love Trilogy|
|Released||March 30, 1976|
Groovy (The Netherlands)
|Songwriter(s)||Donna Summer, Giorgio Moroder, Pete Bellotte|
|Producer(s)||Giorgio Moroder, Pete Bellotte|
|Donna Summer singles chronology|
"Try Me, I Know We Can Make It" is a song by American singer and songwriter Donna Summer from her third studio album Love Trilogy album released in 1976. Summer's breakthrough had come in the form of the disco song "Love to Love You Baby" which in its entirety lasted almost seventeen minutes and took up the entire first side of the album of the same name. Due to its success (and also its success as a 12" maxi single) the format was repeated with the next album and with this song. In fact, "Try Me, I Know We Can Make It" actually lasted even longer than "Love To Love You Baby", clocking in at eighteen minutes. Edited versions were also released on the 7" single format.
The song peaked at number eighty on the American pop chart and number thirty-five on the soul chart. It was more popular with disco audiences, however, becoming Summer's second number one single on the dance chart in May 1976 and remaining atop that chart for three weeks. The song also peak #6 in Spain singles charts and #22 in Spain Radio chart.
- "Try Me, I Know We Can Make It" (4:14)
- "Wasted" (3:57 or 3:58, depending on various releases)
In pop culture
- The song can be heard in the 1977 film Looking For Mr. Goodbar.
- Features in the night club scene for the pilot of Nighthawks (1978, UK).
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||68|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||42|
|Spain Singles (Promusicae)||6|
|US Billboard Hot 100||80|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||35|
"Love Hangover" by Diana Ross
|Disco File Top 20 number-one single
May 1, 1976 - May 15, 1976
"That's Where the Happy People Go" by The Trammps
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 556.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 249.
- Fernando Salaverri (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1st ed.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.
- "Top RPM Singles: Issue 4289." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Donna Summer – Try Me, I Know We Can Make It". GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Donna Summer – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Donna Summer. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Donna Summer – Chart history" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Donna Summer. Retrieved March 6, 2016.