|• Total||1.2 sq mi (3.0 km2)|
|• Land||1.2 sq mi (3.0 km2)|
|• Density||140/sq mi (52/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Tryon // is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in and the county seat of McPherson County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 157 at the 2010 census. Tryon is part of the North Platte, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Tryon is located at United States Census Bureau, the community has a total area of 1.2 square miles (3.0 km2), all land.(41.555569, -100.966621). According to the
As of the census of 2000, there were 90 people, 48 households, and 27 families residing in the community. The population density was 78.2 people per square mile (30.2/km2). There were 54 housing units at an average density of 46.9/sq mi (18.1/km2). The racial makeup of the community was 100.00% White.
There were 48 households, out of which 20.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.8% were married couples living together, 10.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.8% were non-families. 43.8% of all households were made up of individuals, and 37.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.88 and the average family size was 2.46.
In the community, the population was spread out, with 15.6% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 25.6% from 25 to 44, 10.0% from 45 to 64, and 38.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 59.4 years. For every 100 females, there were 87.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 72.7 males.
- Rick Aschmann (2 May 2018). "North American English Dialects, Based on Pronunciation Patterns". Aschmann.net. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- All Census Bureau information is for Census blocks 1131 and 1188-1214 in McPherson County, as Tryon is not a census-designated place.
- Hellmann, Paul T. (14 February 2006). Historical Gazetteer of the United States. Routledge. p. 681. ISBN 1-135-94859-3.
- "Tryon, McPherson County". Center for Advanced Land Management Information Technologies. University of Nebraska. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Fitzpatrick, Lillian L. (1960). Nebraska Place-Names. University of Nebraska Press. p. 100. ISBN 0-8032-5060-6. A 1925 edition is available for download at University of Nebraska—Lincoln Digital Commons.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.