Tsar Kaloyan Municipality
|Tsar Kaloyan Municipality
Община Цар Калоян
Tsar Kaloyan Municipality within Bulgaria and Razgrad Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Tsar Kaloyan|
|• Total||186.42 km2 (71.98 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Tsar Kaloyan Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Цар Калоян, former name Hlebarovo Municipality) is a small municipality (obshtina) in Razgrad Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain about 27 km southeast of Danube river. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Tsar Kaloyan.
The municipality embraces a territory of 186.42 km² with a population of 6,314 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Tsar Kaloyan Municipality includes the following 3 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Tsar Kaloyan||Цар Калоян||3,856|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Tsar Kaloyan Municipality|
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (in Bulgarian)