|Country||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|• Governor||Constant Lomata Kongoli|
|• Total||199,567 km2 (77,053 sq mi)|
|Population (2005 est.)|
|• Density||13/km2 (34/sq mi)|
From 1963 to 1966, the area was constituted as the province of Haut-Congo. It was merged into Orientale Province in 1966 as, separately, the District of Tshopo and the city of Kisangani. The Presidents (later governors) of Haut-Congo were:
- 1963 – 26 June 1963: Georges Grenfell (b. 1908)
- 26 June 1963 – 1964: Paul Isombuma
- 1964 – August 1964: François Aradjabu
- August 1964 – 5 Nov 1966: Jean Marie Alamazani
Provincial status was re-instated to Tshopo in 2015, being formed from Tshopo District and the city of Kisangani.
- "Remise et reprise au Gouvernorat de la province de la Tshopo". mediacongo.net. 10 October 2017. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Central Intelligence Agency (2016). "Democratic Republic of the Congo". The World Factbook. Langley, Virginia: Central Intelligence Agency. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- Blaes, X. (October 2008). "Découpage administratif de la République Démocratique du Congo" (PDF). PNUD-SIG. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Provinces of the Democratic Republic of Congo". Statiods.com.
- Provinceorientale.cd the Government official site for Orientale Province.
- Stanleyville.be City of Kisangani Website.
- Bamanisajean.unblog.fr is Governor Jean Bamanisa's blog site.
- @Prov_orientale Twitter for Orentale Provincial Government
- Facebook Orentale Provincial Government
|This Democratic Republic of the Congo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|