|Census division||Region 1|
|Charter Community||21 June 1993|
|• Chief||Phillip Blake|
|• Senior Administrative Officer||Conor Mac Aogain|
|• MLA||Sonny Blake|
|• Land||48.98 km2 (18.91 sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|• Density||2.9/km2 (8/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC−7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC−6)|
|Canadian Postal code||X0E 0B0|
|- Living cost||162.5A|
|- Food price index||155.7B|
|Sources:Department of Municipal and Community Affairs,
Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre,
Canada Flight Supplement
^A 2009 figure based on Edmonton = 100
^B 2010 figure based on Yellowknife = 100
Tsiigehtchic ( // TSEE-get-chik) ("mouth of the iron river") (officially the Charter Community of Tsiigehtchic) is a Gwich’in community located at the confluence of the Mackenzie and the Arctic Red River, in the Inuvik Region of the Northwest Territories, Canada. The community was formerly known as Arctic Red River, until 1 April 1994.
Population is 143 according to the 2011 Census, a decrease of 18.3% over the 2006 Census. In 2012 the Government of the Northwest Territories reported that the population was 128 with an average yearly growth rate of -4.0% from 2001.
|Sources: NWT Bureau of Statistics (2001 - 2012)|
The Dempster Highway, NWT Highway 8, crosses the Mackenzie River at Tsiigehtchic. During winter, vehicle traffic is over the ice, during the rest of the year, traffic is carried by the ferry MV Louis Cardinal.
The ferry stops at Tsiigehtchic, on the eastern bank of the Arctic Red River, and on the southwestern and northeastern banks of the Mackenzie River, connecting the two legs of the Dempster Highway. The community is one of the few in the NWT not to be served by a permanent airport.
- Tsiigehtchic, Northwest Territories (Census subdivision)
- "NWT Communities - Tsiigehtchic". Government of the Northwest Territories: Department of Municipal and Community Affairs. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "Northwest Territories Official Community Names and Pronunciation Guide". Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre. Yellowknife: Education, Culture and Employment, Government of the Northwest Territories. Archived from the original on 2016-01-13. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 27 April 2017 to 0901Z 22 June 2017
- Tsiigehtchic - Statistical Profile at the GNWT
- "Canadian Ferry Operators Association 2006 Annual Report" (PDF). Canadian Ferry Operators Association. 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-11-22.
- Tsiigehtchic at the Gwich'in Social and Cultural Institute