Tubajon, Dinagat Islands
Map of Dinagat Islands with Tubajon highlighted
|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|District||Lone district of Dinagat Islands|
|Established||June 21, 1969|
|• Mayor||Romeo Constantino L. Vargas|
|• Total||90.00 km2 (34.75 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||92/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Dialing code||+63 (0)86|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||5,295 voters as of 2016|
The town became a part of the province of Dinagat Islands in December 2006, when the province was created from Surigao del Norte by Republic Act No. 9355. However, in February 2010, the Supreme Court ruled that the law was unconstitutional, as the necessary requirements for provincial land area and population were not met. The town reverted to Surigao del Norte. On October 24, 2012, however, the Supreme Court reversed its ruling, and upheld the constitutionality of RA 9355 and the creation of Dinagat Islands as a province.
- Diaz (Romualdez)
- San Roque
- San Vicente(Pob)
- Santa Cruz
|Population census of Tubajon|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- "Province: Dinagat Islands". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- "Caraga". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Tetch Torres (2010-02-11). "Dinagat Islands province back to being a town". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "IRA Shares for LGUs Jump by 37.5% in 2013". Office of the President of the Philippines. January 9, 2013.
- "Caraga". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Caraga". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
|Surigao Strait||Philippine Sea|