|Industry||Internet, Media, Entertainment|
|Founded||Los Angeles, United States (2008 )|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
Brady Brim-DeForest (CEO)|
Drew Baldwin (SVP, Product)
Marc Hustvedt (Editor-in-Chief)
Joshua Cohen (CIO)
|Products||Tubefilter News, online publication|
Tubefilter, Inc. is a privately held company based in Los Angeles, California that operates media businesses focusing on the online entertainment industry. Tubefilter is best known for Tubefilter News, a blog targeted at the fans, creators, producers, "influencers" and distributors of web television content.
Tubefilter News has been cited by Variety, and its staff have been quoted by the Washington Post, the Christian Science Monitor, The Wrap, and BusinessWeek, when covering the web television industry. It is ranked in the top 1600 blogs worldwide according to Technorati.
The company also operates the Streamy Awards, a weekly web television guide, and monthly web series meetups. In October 2009, Tubefilter acquired online entertainment and reviews site Tilzy.tv.
Tubefilter integrates a number of blogs and services into its network. These include:
- Tubefilter News (launched June 2008), a trade publication for the online entertainment industry.
- Tubefilter Jobs (launched February 2009), a new-media and web television focused job board.
- Web TV Schedule (launched August 2008), a guide to web television release schedules.
- Onfronts (launched June 2009), a bi-annual digital upfront for the web television industry.
- Web TV Meetups (launched August 2008), a community event series in Los Angeles.
- Web TV Week (launched March 2009), a week-long series of web television events that takes place every spring and fall in Los Angeles.
Programs and sponsorships
Tubefilter sponsors and promotes a number of web television-based award shows and foundations. They are a founding host of the Streamy Awards. They were also one of the founding media companies that formed the International Academy of Web Television.
- "California Business Search - Corporation Search Results: TUBEFILTER, INC". California Secretary of State. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- Albrecht, Chris (2009-10-19). "Web Video News Consolidation: Tubefilter Acquires Tilzy.tv". NewTeeVee.
- "About Tubefilter News". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Tubefilter blog". Tubefilter, Inc. Retrieved September 16, 2009.
- Coyle, Jake (2009-02-26). "On the Net: Sites Aim to Be TV Guide for the Web". ABC News. Associated Press. Retrieved July 26, 2009.[dead link]
- Kettle, Michael (September 4, 2009). "ABC Experiments With New Techniques to Promote "FlashForward"". TVOverMind. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- Mclean, Thomas (2009-06-02). "Original Web Series Still Lack Funding". Variety. Retrieved August 5, 2009.
- Hesse, Monica (2009-05-17). "Web Series Are Coming Into A Prime Time of Their Own". Washington Post. p. 2. Retrieved August 4, 2009.
- Goodale, Gloria (2009-04-20). "What's on Web TV?". The Christian Science Monitor.
- Russo, Maria (2009-05-13). "Ashton Kutcher's Web/TV Breakthrough". The Wrap.
- Christian, Aymar (2009-10-12). "Verizon Wireless Enrolls at Valemont U". BusinessWeek.
- "Technorati Rankings". Technorati. Technorati, Inc. 2009-04-19. Archived from the original on August 17, 2014. Retrieved October 14, 2009.
- Krieger, Todd (2008-10-31). "Video's Rosy Future". ClickZ. IIM, LLC. Retrieved July 26, 2009.
- Krieger, Todd (2009-04-19). "Digital Dealmakers". TV Week. Crain Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on June 1, 2009. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- Sarah Kuhn; Jamie Painter Young; Dany Margolies (July 30, 2009). "10 Ways to Advance Your Career". Backstage. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "Tubefilter Hollywood Web TV Meetup Presents: Going LIVE!". NewTeeVee. October 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- Kee, Tameka (2009-10-19). "Tubefilter Acquires Tilzy.tv; Shuffles Execs To Scale Out". PaidContent.
- Mitchell, Greg (October 21, 2009). "Beyond "Balloon Dad": Web Series Continue Startling Growth". The Huffington Post. Retrieved Oct 21, 2009.
- "Tubefilter New Media Jobs". Tubefilter. Archived from the original on 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Tubefilter - Web TV Schedule". Tubefilter. Archived from the original on 2010-03-27. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Tubefilter Events". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Announcing the 1st Annual Streamy Awards" (PDF) (Press release). Streamy Awards. 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2009-07-26.[permanent dead link]
- Heffernan, Virginia (2009-03-31). "California Streamin': A Night for Web Serials" (Blog). New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Tilsner, Jamison (March 4, 2009). "Transparency. The Streamys and The IAWTV". Tilzy.tv. Archived from the original on June 10, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "New International Academy of Web Television Announces Digital Entertainment Industry Leaders for Academy Membership" (PDF) (Press release). IAWTV. 2009-03-04. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2009-10-02.