|Area served||United States, Canada, and Australia; UK (2020)|
|Alexa rank||5,115 (Jan 2020)|
Tubi is an American streaming service based in San Francisco, California, United States, that launched in 2014. It is a free, ad-supported service, with advertisements shown during unskippable commercial breaks during programming. It is the largest independently owned video service in the United States, with over 15,000 movies and television series currently available.
Tubi was founded by Farhad Massoudi and Thomas Ahn Hicks of AdRise in San Francisco, launching in 2014 as a free service. In June 2019, Tubi announced it had over 20 million active monthly users, and in September 2019, the company reported that users had streamed 132 million hours of content.
Former Fox TV chairman, Sandy Grushow, is an advisory board member. Former vice chairman of Lionsgate, Mark Amin, is an investor. The company behind Tubi, Adrise, has raised $4 million in capital. Principal investors include Foundation Capital, Bobby Yazdani, Zod Nazem, SGH Capital and Streamlined Ventures.
On September 25, 2019, Tubi became available on Vizio Smartcast.
On October 21, 2019, Tubi launched "Tubi Kids", a dedicated hub for the streamer's children-centric content via Roku and supported devices. It was also announced that Tubi would launch in the United Kingdom by early 2020.
Tubi provides more than 15,000 titles, including movies and TV shows from studios such as Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Lionsgate, Warner Bros. and Universal Pictures. Tubi uses a real-time bidding platform for advertisers for delivering video ads across various platforms.
In February 2019, Tubi signed a distribution deal with NBCUniversal, which includes 400 TV episodes and movies. Tubi currently has output deals with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, Warner Bros., Studio 100, Shout Factory, Nelvana, DHX Media and Bridgestone Multimedia.
- "Tubitv.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com.
- "Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer And Lionsgate Invest In adRise -- Parent Company Of Tubi TV -- And License Library Content To Fuel Ad-Supported, Video-On-Demand Service". StreetInsider.com. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- Niksa, Matt (2019-01-10). "Streaming companies eye contrasting business models, economic issues". Boston University News Service. Retrieved 2019-01-10.
- Movies, Don Reisinger 2019-04-28T17:00:00Z. "What Is Tubi (and Is It Worth It?)". Tom's Guide.
- Barnes, Jess (2019-10-23). "Tubi is A Really Great Free Cord Cutting Streaming Service With 15,000 Free Movies & TV Shows". Cord Cutters News. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- "With Streaming Up 40% Since May, Tubi to Launch Tubi Kids & Expand to UK".
- Roettgers, Janko (16 April 2014). "Tubi TV wants to take on Crackle with free movies and TV shows". GigaOm. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- Spangler, Todd (16 April 2014). "Tubi TV Free Internet Video Service Launches with 20,000 Shows and Movies (Most of Which You've Never Heard Of)". Variety. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- Roettgers, Janko; Roettgers, Janko (2019-08-05). "Tubi Launches Marketing Campaign in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Detroit". Variety. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- "Tubi TV Lands Paramount Flicks". Multichannel. 11 March 2015.
- "AdRise Raises $2 Million From Foundation Capital to Put Video (And Ads) On More Connected TVs". TechCrunch. 16 October 2012.
- "AdRise Launches Tubi for free VOD". RapidTVNews. 18 April 2014.
- Lafayette, Jon. "Tubi Available Via Vizio Smartcast Sets". Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- "Tubi heads to the U.K., launches Tubi Kids". FierceVideo.
- White, Peter; White, Peter (October 14, 2019). "AVOD Service Tubi To Launch In The UK In 2020; Preps Kids' Service – Mipcom".
- "Tubi to expand in Mexico later this year". PPC Land. 2020-02-02. Retrieved 2020-02-02.
- "Tubi is A Really Great Free Cord Cutting Streaming Service With 15,000 Free Movies & TV Shows". Cord Cutters.
- "Tubi TV Grabs $6 Million From MGM, Lionsgate And Others For Its Free, Ad-Supported Streaming Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "AdRise Launch RTB-Based Connected TV Ad Platform". VideoAdNews. 15 March 2012.
- "Tubi Inks NBC Universal Catalog Deal – Media Play News".