|Manufacturer||Tubi 60 Co., Ltd.|
|Country of origin||Israel|
|Alcohol by volume||40.0%|
History and origin
In 2013 the first distillery was opened in Haifa and obtained necessary approvals, licenses, and legal documents from the Israeli Health Ministry to produce Tubi 60. The liquor is also approved by the TTB.
Increased demand throughout the following year led to the founding of a larger distillery in 2015 by the two brothers. In 2017, the Tubi company started exporting the liquor to the US, Hungary, Norway, Germany and other countries.
Composition and taste
Tubi 60 is made of lemon as well as other local citrus fruits. It is infused with herbs, spices, tree and flower extracts, including ginger, mint, anise, saffron, turmeric and cumin. Tubi 60 is most commonly served as a shot or a shooter, or mixed with tonic water or seltzer. The makers of Tubi 60 claim the ingredients leave the consumer with a "refreshing and uplifting feeling".
Tubi 60's popularity in Israel increased mainly by word of mouth. Initially spread by word of mouth through the friends and family of the two founders, it became a frequently requested drink in bars, with Jerusalem being the first city to serve it as a staple. It took until 2014 for the drink to reach Tel Aviv's bar scene. Its popularity there cemented it as a countrywide mainstay.
- ARIANE, MANDELL (30 March 2017). "TUBI 60: THE BOOZE, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Jordana, Hoffman (22 February 2017). "Tubi 60: What You Need To Know About Tel Aviv's Hipster Drink". theculturetrip.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Madison, Margolin. "MEET TUBI, THE CULT LIQUOR THAT'S YOUR NEXT OBSESSION". vinepair.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- JESSICA, STEINBERG (2 May 2017). "Israel's hipster drink Tubi 60 heads stateside". timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Jessica, Halfin (1 March 2017). "'Tubi or not Tubi?' – Mr. Tubi reveals the truth behind his mysterious beverage and its subculture". timeout.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Tubi 60 Sparkling Cocktail". vegannie.com. 7 February 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- EMILEE, TOMBS (21 April 2016). "No One Really Knows What's in Israel's Most Popular New Liquor". munchies.vice.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- ERIC, TWARDZIK (13 March 2017). "TUBI 60 REVIEW". cocktailenthusiast.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.