This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Manufacturer||Tubi 60 Co., Ltd.|
|Country of origin||Israel|
|Alcohol by volume||40.0%|
History and origin
In 2013 the first distillery was opened in Haifa and obtained approvals, licenses and all the legal documents from the Israeli Health Ministry to produce Tubi 60. The liquor is also approved by the TTB.
By mid 2014, the demand for Tubi rose across Israel and other nations. This led to the founding of a larger distillery in 2015 by the two brothers. In 2017, the Tubi company started exporting the liquor to the US, Hungary, Norway, Germany and other countries.
Composition and taste
Tubi 60 is made of lemon, enhanced with other local citrus fruits infused with herbs, spices, tree and flower extracts, including ginger, mint, anise, saffron, turmeric and cumin. Tubi is hand-crafted and carefully formulated to present a rich and inviting taste that provides an uplifting and positive effect. The natural ingredients give it its clean, tart, refreshing flavor.
Tubi 60 went viral in Israel mainly by word of mouth. Tubi 60’s reputation spread initially through sharing with friends of the founders and extended circles of friends and family. Later on the fans started to request it in bars and the bars contacted the owners directly with order requests. Uncommonly, Jerusalem was the first city that started to serve the drink in bars around the city and only in the middle of 2014 the drink made its way to the bar scene in Tel Aviv. After becoming popular in the city, the demand rose around the whole country.
Tubi 60’s ingredients were chosen to leave the consumer with a refreshing and uplifting feeling that gives a positive "vibe” of pure happiness as their slogan says. The unofficial belief is that Tubi leaves the consumer without a hangover the next morning.
Tubi 60 is most commonly served as a shot or a shooter. Upon its arrival to export markets, it found its ways into cocktails. Co-founder Hilal Tubi has been quoted to say that "The benefits of serving Tubi are such that if you mix it with other alcohols you are lessening its positive effects and increasing the likelihood of having a hangover, which is one of the best reasons to drink Tubi as it was designed”. It can also be consumed as part of a cocktail, adding juices or other non-alcoholic mixers. Tubi and Tonic or Tubi and Soda has become quite popular, as well as TubiLibre’s – Tubi 60 mixed with Coca-Cola.
- ARIANE, MANDELL (30 March 2017). "TUBI 60: THE BOOZE, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Jordana, Hoffman (22 February 2017). "Tubi 60: What You Need To Know About Tel Aviv's Hipster Drink". theculturetrip.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Madison, Margolin. "MEET TUBI, THE CULT LIQUOR THAT'S YOUR NEXT OBSESSION". vinepair.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- JESSICA, STEINBERG (2 May 2017). "Israel's hipster drink Tubi 60 heads stateside". timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Jessica, Halfin (1 March 2017). "'Tubi or not Tubi?' – Mr. Tubi reveals the truth behind his mysterious beverage and its subculture". timeout.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Tubi 60 Sparkling Cocktail". vegannie.com. 7 February 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- EMILEE, TOMBS (21 April 2016). "No One Really Knows What's in Israel's Most Popular New Liquor". munchies.vice.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- ERIC, TWARDZIK (13 March 2017). "TUBI 60 REVIEW". cocktailenthusiast.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.