This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2018)
|Manufacturer||Tubi 60 Co., Ltd.|
|Country of origin||Israel|
|Alcohol by volume||40.0%|
History and origin
In 2013 the first distillery was opened in Haifa and obtained approvals, licenses and all the legal documents from the Israeli Health Ministry to produce Tubi 60. The liquor is also approved by the TTB.
By mid 2014, the demand for Tubi rose across Israel and other nations. This led to the founding of a larger distillery in 2015 by the two brothers. In 2017, the Tubi company started exporting the liquor to the US, Hungary, Norway, Germany and other countries.
Composition and taste
Tubi 60 is made of lemon, enhanced with other local citrus fruits infused with herbs, spices, tree and flower extracts, including ginger, mint, anise, saffron, turmeric and cumin. Tubi 60 is most commonly served as a shot or a shooter, or mixed with tonic water or seltzer.
Tubi 60 went viral in Israel mainly by word of mouth. Tubi 60’s reputation spread initially through sharing with friends of the founders and extended circles of friends and family. Later on the fans started to request it in bars and the bars contacted the owners directly with order requests. Uncommonly, Jerusalem was the first city that started to serve the drink in bars around the city and only in the middle of 2014 the drink made its way to the bar scene in Tel Aviv. After becoming popular in the city, the demand rose around the whole country. The makers of Tubi 60 claim the ingredients leave the consumer with a refreshing and uplifting feeling.
- ARIANE, MANDELL (30 March 2017). "TUBI 60: THE BOOZE, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Jordana, Hoffman (22 February 2017). "Tubi 60: What You Need To Know About Tel Aviv's Hipster Drink". theculturetrip.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Madison, Margolin. "MEET TUBI, THE CULT LIQUOR THAT'S YOUR NEXT OBSESSION". vinepair.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- JESSICA, STEINBERG (2 May 2017). "Israel's hipster drink Tubi 60 heads stateside". timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Jessica, Halfin (1 March 2017). "'Tubi or not Tubi?' – Mr. Tubi reveals the truth behind his mysterious beverage and its subculture". timeout.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Tubi 60 Sparkling Cocktail". vegannie.com. 7 February 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- EMILEE, TOMBS (21 April 2016). "No One Really Knows What's in Israel's Most Popular New Liquor". munchies.vice.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- ERIC, TWARDZIK (13 March 2017). "TUBI 60 REVIEW". cocktailenthusiast.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.