|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Area served||United States, Canada, Mexico.|
|Founder(s)||Farhad Massoudi |
Thomas Ahn Hicks
|Alexa rank||23,404 (July 2018)|
Tubi TV launched in April 2014 with more than 20,000 television and film videos, the largest library of free, available media content online. In March 2015, AdRise announced a licensing agreement with Paramount Pictures for the rights to 50 films per month on Tubi TV. After bringing in investments and content partnership agreements with MGM Studios and Lionsgate in November 2015, Tubi TV's library grew to over 40,000 film and TV episodes. With a library now surpassing 50,000 titles, second only to Netflix, Tubi TV adds new content every week.
Tubi is available on Android and iOS mobile devices, and on OTT devices such as Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Sony, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Samsung, Amazon Fire TV and Xfinity, in addition to its website.
The company uses a real-time bidding platform for advertisers for delivering video ads across various platforms. Former Fox TV chairman, Sandy Grushow, is an advisory board member. Former Vice Chairman of Lionsgate, Mark Amin, is an investor. The company behind Tubi TV, Adrise, has raised $4 million in capital. Principal investors include Foundation Capital, Bobby Yazdani, Zod Nazem, SGH Capital and Streamlined Ventures.
- "Tubitv.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com.
- "Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer And Lionsgate Invest In adRise -- Parent Company Of Tubi TV -- And License Library Content To Fuel Ad-Supported, Video-On-Demand Service". StreetInsider.com. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Tubi TV Grabs $6 Million From MGM, Lionsgate And Others For Its Free, Ad-Supported Streaming Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "AdRise Launches Tubi TV for free VOD". WSJ. 12 March 2015.
- TV, Tubi. "Tubi TV And Starz Digital Announce Licensing Agreement To Stream TV And Movies To Viewers For Free". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Paramount Pictures Licenses 50 More Movies to Free VOD Service Tubi TV". DigitalTrends. 12 March 2015.
- Perez, Sarah. "Tubi TV Grabs $6 Million From MGM, Lionsgate And Others For Its Free, Ad-Supported Streaming Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "We are Tubi TV — the largest online library of free TV and movies. AMA! • /r/cordcutters". reddit. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "AdRise Launch RTB-Based Connected TV Ad Platform". VideoAdNews. 15 March 2012.
- "Tubi TV Lands Paramount Flicks". Multichannel. 11 March 2015.
- "AdRise Raises $2 Million From Foundation Capital to Put Video (And Ads) On More Connected TVs". TechCrunch. 16 October 2012.
- "AdRise Launches Tubi TV for free VOD". RapidTVNews. 18 April 2014.