|Type of business||Subsidiary|
|Area served||United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, India, and Mexico|
|Alexa rank||4,665 (as of April 18 2020)|
Tubi was founded by Farhad Massoudi and Thomas Ahn Hicks of AdRise in San Francisco, launching in 2014 as a free service. In June 2019, Tubi announced it had over 20 million active monthly users, and later in September, the company reported that users had streamed 132 million hours of content.
Sandy Grushow, former Fox TV chairman, is an advisory board member. Mark Amin, former vice chairman of Lionsgate, is an investor. Adrise, the company behind Tubi, has raised $4 million in capital. Principal investors include Foundation Capital, Bobby Yazdani, Zod Nazem, SGH Capital and Streamlined Ventures.
In 2019, CEO Farhad Massoud announced Tubi would nearly double its 2018 spend on licensed content, close to 100 million. In February 2019, Tubi signed a distribution deal with NBCUniversal, which includes 400 TV episodes and movies.
On September 25, Tubi became available on Vizio Smartcast. On October 21, Tubi launched "Tubi Kids" - a dedicated hub for the streamer's children-centric content via Roku and supported devices. It was also announced that Tubi would launch in the United Kingdom by early 2020.
In February 2020, it was reported that Fox Corporation has entered talks into acquiring Tubi. On March 17, Fox announced its acquiring of the company for $440 million. The deal was expected to close by late-June; Farhad Massoudi will remain at the company, which will continue as a separate subsidiary. The deal officially closed on April 20.
Tubi's programming includes movies and television series from content providers such as Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Studio 100, Shout Factory, Nelvana, WildBrain, 9 Story Media Group, Bridgestone Multimedia, Funimation, Viz Media, and NBCUniversal. Tubi uses a real-time bidding platform for advertisers that delivers video ads across various platforms.
- "Tubitv.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com.
- "Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer And Lionsgate Invest In adRise -- Parent Company Of Tubi TV -- And License Library Content To Fuel Ad-Supported, Video-On-Demand Service". StreetInsider.com. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- Goldsmith, Jill; Goldsmith, Jill (2020-04-20). "Fox Closes Purchase Of Tubi In Day Of Streaming Deals". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- Niksa, Matt (2019-01-10). "Streaming companies eye contrasting business models, economic issues". Boston University News Service. Retrieved 2019-01-10.
- Reisinger, Don (2019-04-28). "What Is Tubi (and Is It Worth It?)". Tom's Guide.
- Roettgers, Janko (16 April 2014). "Tubi TV wants to take on Crackle with free movies and TV shows". GigaOm. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- Spangler, Todd (16 April 2014). "Tubi TV Free Internet Video Service Launches with 20,000 Shows and Movies (Most of Which You've Never Heard Of)". Variety. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- Roettgers, Janko; Roettgers, Janko (2019-08-05). "Tubi Launches Marketing Campaign in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Detroit". Variety. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- "With Streaming Up 40% Since May, Tubi to Launch Tubi Kids & Expand to UK".
- "Tubi TV Lands Paramount Flicks". Multichannel. 11 March 2015.
- "AdRise Raises $2 Million From Foundation Capital to Put Video (And Ads) On More Connected TVs". TechCrunch. 16 October 2012.
- "AdRise Launches Tubi for free VOD". RapidTVNews. 18 April 2014.
- "Tubi TV is a completely free Netflix alternative, but there's a huge catch". 19 June 2018.
- "Tubi is the largest free movie and TV streaming service in the US. We are not available in Europe due to changes in EU laws".
- Hayward, Andrew. "Tubi: Everything you need to know about the free movie and TV streaming service". Tech Radar. Retrieved 21 February 2020.
- "Tubi Inks NBC Universal Catalog Deal – Media Play News".
- Lafayette, Jon. "Tubi Available Via Vizio Smartcast Sets". Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- "Tubi heads to the U.K., launches Tubi Kids". FierceVideo.
- White, Peter; White, Peter (October 14, 2019). "AVOD Service Tubi To Launch In The UK In 2020; Preps Kids' Service – Mipcom".
- "Tubi to expand in Mexico later this year". PPC Land. 2020-02-02. Retrieved 2020-02-02.
- Baysinger, Tim (March 17, 2020). "Fox Buys Ad-Supported Streaming Service Tubi in $440 Million Cash Deal". The Wrap.
- "Tubi is A Really Great Free Cord Cutting Streaming Service With 15,000 Free Movies & TV Shows". Cord Cutters. 23 October 2019.
- "Tubi TV Grabs $6 Million From MGM, Lionsgate And Others For Its Free, Ad-Supported Streaming Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Watch Free anime Movies and TV Shows Online Tubi
- "AdRise Launch RTB-Based Connected TV Ad Platform". VideoAdNews. 15 March 2012.