Tubod, Lanao del Norte
The welcome marker of the Provincial Capitol in Tubod, Lanao del Norte
Map of Lanao del Norte with Tubod highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||October 17, 1946|
|• Mayor||Nelieta Q. Noval|
|• Vice Mayor||Edward O. Pido|
|• Total||246.80 km2 (95.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (490/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Tubod (Cebuano: Lungsod sa Tubod; Filipino: Bayan ng Tubod) is a second class municipality and the capital of the province of Lanao del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 46,332 people.
Tubod derived its name from the spring located at Sitio Baybay in Barangay Poblacion. According to the old folks, even during the longest dry season, the spring will not drain. Tubod comes from the Cebuano language, meaning “the water source”. History pointed out that Christian immigrants from Luzon and Visayas settled in this part of the region.
- Baris (Lumangculob)
- Camp V
- Kakai Renabor
- Pinpin (Tadura)
- San Antonio
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Tubod|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Place of interest
Tubod is the site of the Mindanao Civic Center which houses a hotel, cafeteria, gym, swimming pool, oval, and other sports facilities. MCC is a 71-hectare integrated complex with 5-hectare provincial trade center, 18-hectare sports facilities with 48-hectares still open for the proposed 18-hole golf course, picnic park and sports academy. MCC was the first sports hub of the First Mindanao Friendship Games. The main stadium has a seating capacity of around 12,000.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: LANAO DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
-  Lanao del Norte hosts first international motocross summit - GMA News Online
- Official site of Tubod
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Tangub City / Panguil Bay||Magsaysay|