Tubod, Lanao del Norte
The welcome marker of the Provincial Capitol in Tubod, Lanao del Norte
Map of Lanao del Norte with Tubod highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||October 17, 1946|
|• Mayor||Nelieta Q. Noval|
|• Vice Mayor||Edward O. Pido|
|• Total||246.80 km2 (95.29 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||190/km2 (490/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Dialing code||+63 (0)63|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Electorate||25,493 voters as of 2016|
Tubod (Cebuano: Lungsod sa Tubod; Filipino: Bayan ng Tubod) is a second class municipality and the capital of the province of Lanao del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 47,165 people.
Tubod derived its name from the spring located at Sitio Baybay in Barangay Poblacion. According to the old folks, even during the longest dry season, the spring will not drain. Tubod comes from the Cebuano language, meaning “the water source”. History pointed out that Christian immigrants from Luzon and Visayas settled in this part of the region.
- Baris (Lumangculob)
- Camp V
- Kakai Renabor
- Pinpin (Tadura)
- San Antonio
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Tubod|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Place of interest
Tubod is the site of the Mindanao Civic Center which houses a hotel, cafeteria, gym, swimming pool, oval, and other sports facilities. MCC is a 71-hectare integrated complex with 5-hectare provincial trade center, 18-hectare sports facilities with 48-hectares still open for the proposed 18-hole golf course, picnic park and sports academy. MCC was the first sports hub of the First Mindanao Friendship Games. The main stadium has a seating capacity of around 12,000.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: LANAO DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Region X (NORTHERN MINDANAO)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region X (NORTHERN MINDANAO)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Region X (NORTHERN MINDANAO)". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
-  Lanao del Norte hosts first international motocross summit - GMA News Online
- Official site of Tubod
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Tangub City / Panguil Bay||Magsaysay|