Williams began college at the age of fifteen. She studied meteorology and journalism. As a meteorologist, she has worked on-air for the ABC affiliate station in Lexington, KY. She also works as a yoga instructor.
Williams created, wrote, and executive produced the LGBT-themed web series Girl/Girl Scene. She played the lead character, Evan. Dagger Kiss, a lesbian web series take on the fantasy genre, premiered in 2016.
She made her directorial debut with the short film Juliet and Romeo, a lesbian version of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. She produced and acted in the short film Othello: Desdemona's Death, her second lesbian twist on a Shakespeare play (Othello).
Williams began her film acting career in the role of Vix, a zombie slayer, in the cult horror film Dead Moon Rising (2007). She played the lead role of Dana Fontaine in direct-to-video film Shadows Light (2008). She also had featured roles as Becca in Blink (2007), and as Ranger Darcy in Red River (2011).
Asked about the extent to which her films draw on her life experience, Williams responded, "I had never seen a show that depicted what life was like for me and my friends. We’re queer and we love it. We don’t wish we were straight – the opposite, in fact. We dress like boys, listen to indie bands, and canoodle with cute girls. I think all good writing has to be autobiographical to some extent."
- List of female film and television directors
- List of lesbian filmmakers
- List of LGBT-related films directed by women
- Girl/Girl Scene
- Minero, Emelina. "Q&A with Tucky Williams". Retrieved 2016-11-17.
- "Web-series creator Tucky Williams sees success in the numbers". kentucky. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "AMBIENTE MAGAZINE | REVISTA | LGBT | LATINO | HISPANIC". www.ambiente.us. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Forty Under 40". Retrieved 2016-11-17.
- "Dagger Kiss - A Bold Lesbian Fantasy Web Series". The 7th Matrix. Retrieved 2016-02-27.
- "Dagger Kiss (TV Series 2016– )". IMDb. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- Gilchrist, Tracy E. (May 6, 2015). "WATCH: Girl/Girl Scene's Tucky Williams Gives Romeo and Juliet a Lesbian Spin". Shewired.com. Archived from the original on May 8, 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "WATCH: 'Girl/Girl Scene's' Tucky Williams Does a Lesbian Take on 'Othello'". Pride.com. November 13, 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- Keehnen, Owen. "Louisville is Zombietown: Talking With Dead Moon Rising Bad-Ass Tucky Williams". Racksandrazors.com. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- Phalin, Mike (August 15, 2008). "Shadows Light (DVD)". Dread Central. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- Bendix, Trish (June 10, 2010). "An interview with Tucky Williams". AfterEllen. Archived from the original on March 20, 2015. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Announcing the 2012 AfterEllen Hot 100! - AfterEllen". AfterEllen. 2012-06-27. Retrieved 2016-11-17.