Map of Cebu with Tudela highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||5th district of Cebu|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Erwin Yu (BAKUD)|
|• Vice mayor||Greman Solante|
|• Town Council|
|• Representative||Red Durano|
|• Total||33.02 km2 (12.75 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||340/km2 (890/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||7,763|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+08:00)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||5th class|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
Tudela is a 5th municipal income class municipality on Camotes Island in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 11,296 so making it the least populous municipality in the province. In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 7,763 registered voters.
Tudela is eight kilometres (5 mi) east of the town center of Poro. Along with the town of Poro, Tudela is located on Poro Island. The town celebrates the fiesta of parish patron Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception each 8 December.
The town center comprises two barangays: Northern and Southern Poblacion. The nearly symmetrical arrangement of the streets allows pedestrians to navigate easily while viewing old houses (early 1900s) standing side-by-side with new ones.
Tudela comprises 11 barangays:
The town is home to the Porohanon language, one of the most endangered languages in the Visayas. The language is only used in the Poro islands. The language is classified as distinct from Sebwano (Bisaya) by the Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino and is vital to the culture and arts of the Porohanon people.
Tudela may be reached by boat through Poro port. A large pump boat typically takes 3½ hours from Danao City pier. A fast craft (called Golden Bridge) takes 1½ hour from Pier 1, Cebu City. The slowest option is a ship that takes 5 hours from Pier 1, Cebu City. Motorcycles and jeepneys are available for ground transportation on arrival - all expensive.
- "Province: Cebu". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903 – 2007). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.