||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Camotes Islands. (Discuss) Proposed since November 2014.|
Map of Cebu with Tudela highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||5th district of Cebu|
|Barangay||11 (see § Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Erwin Yu (BAKUD)|
|• Vice mayor||Greman Solante|
|• Town Council|
|• Total||33.02 km2 (12.75 sq mi)|
|Population (2010 census)|
|• Density||300/km2 (770/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2013) ||7,866|
|Time zone||PHT (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||5th class|
Tudela is a fifth income class municipality on Camotes Island in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 9,859 so making it the least populous municipality in the province. In the 2013 election, it had 7,866 registered voters.
Tudela is eight kilometres (5 mi) east of the town center of Poro. Along with the town of Poro, Tudela is located on Poro Island. The town celebrates the fiesta of parish patron Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception each December 8.
The town center comprises two barangays: Northern and Southern Poblacion. The nearly symmetrical arrangement of the streets allows pedestrians to navigate easily while viewing old houses (early 1900s) standing side-by-side with new ones.
Tudela comprises 11 barangays:
- Buena Vista
- Old Secante
- Northern Poblacion
- Puerto Bello
- New Secante
- Southern Poblacion
- Villa Hermosa
|Population census of Tudela|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Local dialect is Cebuano.
Tudela may be reached by boat through Poro port. A large pump boat typically takes 3½ hours from Danao City pier. A fastcraft (called Golden Bridge) takes 1½ hour from Pier 1, Cebu City. The slowest option is a ship that takes 5 hours from Pier 1, Cebu City. Motorcycles and jeepneys are available for ground transportation on arrival.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Municipal: Tudela, Cebu". PSA. Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "2013 National and Local Elections Statistics" (PDF). Commission on Elections. 2015.
- "Population and Annual Growth Rates by Province, City and Municipality: Central Visayas: 1995, 2000 and 2007" (PDF). National Statistics Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 June 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tudela.|