|Prime Minister of Northern Cyprus|
|Assumed office |
2 February 2018
|Preceded by||Hüseyin Özgürgün|
|Leader of the Republican Turkish Party|
|Assumed office |
13 November 2016
|Born||1970 (aged 47-48)|
|Political party||Republican Turkish Party|
|Alma mater||Ankara University (PhD)|
Tufan Erhürman (born 1970) is a Turkish Cypriot academic, lawyer, diplomat and the current Prime Minister of Northern Cyprus. A scholar in public law by profession, he served in the negotiations to solve the Cyprus dispute between 2008 and 2010. He previously worked for the Ministry of Justice of Turkey between 1999 and 2004 and worked for the establishment of the position of ombudsman in Turkey. He is the current leader of Republican Turkish Party.
Erhürman finished his secondary education in Türk Maarif Koleji. He was then enrolled to study law at Ankara University in 1988. He received his master's degree and doctorate from Ankara University as well. His 2001 PhD thesis was on the "Non-Juridical Inspection of the Authority and the Ombdusman".
Erhürman lectured on public law at the Ankara University, Middle East Technical University and Hacettepe University between 1995 and 2001. He then lectured at the Eastern Mediterranean University from 2001 to 2006, and from 2008 to 2013. Erhürman also lectured at the Near East University between the years of 2006 and 2008.
Erhürman became involved in the negotiations to solve the Cyprus dispute under President Mehmet Ali Talat between 2008 and 2010.
He ran for a Nicosia seat at the Assembly of the Republic in the 2013 elections and became a Member of Parliament as a candidate of the Republican Turkish Party-United Forces. He worked extensively to change the constitution where 23 changes were agreed by all 4 parties which were being represented in the parliament at that time. However, 62.3% of the voters rejected the new constitution at the 2014 referandum. He became the Secretary General of the Republican Turkish Party-United Forces.
He was reelected as a Member of the Parliament during the 2018 snap elections, however he could not prevent his party from losing 9 seats. On 19 January 2018, negotiations started to form a coalition between 4 parties, the Republican Turkish Party, the People's Party, the Democratic Party and the Communal Democracy Party, ultimately succeeding in the formation of the Erhürman cabinet.
- "Genel Başkan Tufan Erhürman". Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Tufan Erhürman – Hakkımda". Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "İşte yeni vekiller". Yeni Düzen. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Erhürman Anayasa'da yapılan değişiklikleri anlattı". Ada Haber. 12 June 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "CTP-BG'nin yeni Genel Sekreteri Tufan Erhürman". Kıbrıs Postası. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "CTP Kurultayı'nda tek aday Erhürman genel başkan ilan edildi". BRT. 13 November 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- ""İyi niyetle" başladılar". Yeni Düzen. 19 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
| Prime Minister of Northern Cyprus