This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Type||Digital broadcast television network|
|Availability||33% of US households |
|Owner||TUFF TV, Inc. |
(Seals Entertainment Corporation)
|June 30, 2009|
Tuff TV carries a mixture of sports (combat, motor, and some team sport), lifestyle (outdoors, cooking), automotive, dramas, movies, and talk show programming geared mainly at a young male audience. Prior to becoming an internet-only broadcast outlet, the network carried 3 hours of weekly E/I children's programming to comply with federal broadcasting regulations. Stations affiliating with Tuff TV received five minutes of local advertising per hour.
Tuff TV was launched in 2009 as a joint venture between Luken Communications and TUFF TV Media Group LLC, owned by Tuff TV Founder Lou Seals. By July 2011, the network's main affiliates were Morris Family Broadcasting and NJR TV station groups. In mid-July 2014, Tuff TV started crowdfunding equity on SparkMarket.com to raise Investment capital, but was limited to those living in the state of Georgia.
Tuff agreed to carry some games from the first season of the Fall Experimental Football League in October and November 2014. Tuff relocated their offices to the GPB Media Building in Atlanta on June 8, 2016. On Friday, July 15, 2016, Tuff took over its distribution feed from Luken Communications earlier than planned.
In 2017 Tuff TV lost a case in civil court for Fair Labor Standards brought by a former employee.
- "The Top 25 Digital Broadcast Networks". TVNewsCheck.com. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- McAvoy, Kim (July 27, 2011). "Diginets Struggle For Place On TV's Frontier". TVNewsCheck.com. p. 4. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Malone, Michael (July 24, 2014). "Tuff TV Turns to Crowd-Funding". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- "FXFL To Be Carried on ESPN3" (Press release). New York: FXFL. PR Newswire. October 1, 2014. Archived from the original on October 21, 2014. Retrieved October 20, 2014 – via NBC Right Now.
- "Tuff TV Announces New Corporate HQ, Studio". TV News Check. June 8, 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- "Early Launch For Tuff TV's New Network Feed". TVNewsCheck. July 12, 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/7290170/idb/garmon-v-tuff-tv-media-group-llc/[bare URL]
- Seals Entertainment Corporation (Sealsco), parent corporation