The village centre (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Tuitjenhorn in the former municipality of Harenkarspel.
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Tuitjenhorn (West Frisian: Tutinghorn) is a village in the Dutch province of North Holland. It is a part of the municipality of Schagen. Tuitjenhorn was the main village of the former Harenkarspel municipality. Tuitjenhorn lies about 9 km northwest of Heerhugowaard. In 2001, the village of Tuitjenhorn had 2,487 inhabitants. The built-up area of the village was 0.56 km², and contained 942 residences. The statistical area "Tuitjenhorn", which also can include the peripheral parts of the village, as well as the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 3200.
- Gerard Kuiper, Dutch/American astronomer
- Daniella van Graas, Dutch fashion model and actress
- Celeste Plak, Dutch volleyball player
- Femke Meines
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001. (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005. As of 1 January 2005.
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|