||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2015)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2015)|
|Broadcast area||Greater Tshwane|
|First air date||1981|
|Format||Community Campus Based radio|
|Owner||University of Pretoria|
The station was formed in 1980 and had its first transmission on 9 February 1981, where it only broadcast to the Cafeteria and launched with a live performance from David Kramer. Initially it broadcast only to the University of Pretoria main campus. In 1982-1984 broadcast points extended to all university residences as well as the Onderstepoort and Medical Campuses.
The station was awarded a one month temporary broadcasting licence in February 1993 as well as a two month temporary broadcasting licence in 1994. On 24 April 1995 the station commenced its one year broadcasting licence on the 107.2 FM stereo at 100 W in the greater Pretoria area.
The station has produced a number of names in South African television, radio and journalism.
- 5FM: Gareth Cliff, Poppy Ntshongwana, Sias du Plessis, Grant Nash and Anele Mdoda, Kim Schulze, Rob Forbes, Nadia Romanos, Tim Zunckel
- Jacaranda 94.2: Clayton Robbertze, Duncan Pollock, Dewald Noel, Francois Du Toit, Marius van der Walt, Liezel van der Westhuizen, Martine vd Walt, Antowan Nöthling, Robbie Kruse, Christine Greyvenstein, Nadine Moore, Janina Oberholzer, Ilze-Marie Meintjies, Anton Meijer, Catrine Malan, Pieter van der Merwe, Anine Dormehl, Wayne van Jaarsveld, Jacques du Preez
- Highveld Gloria Monaisa (Programming Director), Dineo Mphahlele (Newsreader), Carmen Reddy (Newsreader), Kriya Gangiah, Anele Mdoda, Alex Caige
- RSG DJ: Neil Saayman;
- Radio Pulpit DJ: Adriana Faling;
- Classic FM DJ: Magz Kiko;
- 702 Talk Radio presenters: Camilla Bath, Simon Dingle, Umayya Thebe and Dineo Mphahlele;Carmen Reddy; Tara Meaney
- Adsat Corporate Radio, Highveld Stereo and OFM: Justine Coley;
- Metro FM: Hlogi Mampuru a.k.a. Joe Man;
- Dubai 92: Rob Weston.
- OFM: Tim Zunckel (Programme Manager), Kenzy Vinco, Irene Fisher, Andre Kunz and Rian van Heerden
- East Coast Radio: Samson Oduntan
- Algoa Fm: JD Mostert
- M-Net personnel (presenters, producers,etc.) Francois Nolte, Renier Roos and Victor Eckard aka Victor Edward;
- SUPERSPORT Sias du Plessis
- SABC personnel: Kim Schulze, Dineo Mphahlele, Duane Dell'Oca, Sarel van Vuuren, Tebogo Ramatjie, Victor Khasu and Vusi Ndala; Jenni Van Der Merwe
- CNBC Africa: Eleni Giocos, Fenley Foxen, Natascha Jacobsz
- e.tv: Kriya Gangiah
- TV: Scot Scott;
- Journalist: Simon Dingle;
- Voice Over: Jannes Eiselin.
|Feb 2014||66 000|
|Dec 2013||51 000|
|Nov 2013||39 000|
|Aug 2013||35 000|
|Jun 2013||28 000|