Tuleap (project management)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
10.7 / November 8, 2018
|Type||Application lifecycle management|
|License||GNU GPL v2, with some non-GPL dependencies|
Tuleap is an application lifecycle management system, which facilitates agile software development, design projects, V-model, Requirement Management, and IT Services Management. It is free software released under the GNU General Public License, version 2. Tuleap is an enterprise alternative solution to proprietary tools like CollabNet, Jira and Confluence, Crucible. The software was developed by Enalean, a company founded in 2011 and headquartered in France.
Tuleap is a software platform for project management that enables managers and developers to utilize diverse development methodologies including Agile, traditional, or hybrid or custom processes. It helps organizations meet industry standards like Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and ITIL. Tuleap facilitates the planning of software releases, the prioritization of business requirements, the assignment of tasks to project members, the monitoring of project progress, and the creation of reports. It features site-wide trackers and real-time reports on risks, requirements, tasks, bugs, change requests, support requests, user stories. It supports Kanban, Scrum, and hybrid methodologies in project management. Tuleap has a built-in risk management system.
- Eclipse Foundation
- CEA, the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission
- Indian Ministry of Electronics and IT
- French Government VITAM programme
- Portuguese Public Institute
Tuleap integrates forge system functionalities that enables teams to manage software sources, using Subversion, Git or CVS. Teams are able to share technical or project documentations, track bugs, and consolidate communications with customers, developers or third parties.
Tuleap's kanban tool enables teams to create task boards on the fly. Scrum workspaces can also be created.
Tuleap won several awards. Opensource.com has named Tuleap:
- in the "Top 7 open source tools for Agile Teams" in 2018 
InfoWorld magazine awarded it the:
- "Tuleap: The Bug Tracker," The International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR)
- "Open Source-Produkte zum Aufbau von Private Clouds," Fakultät Wirtschaft Studiengang Wirtschaftsinformatik, DHBW-Stuttgart
- "Tuleap Use Case on Savoir Faire Linux," Use Case of Tuleap usage by the Ring (software)
- "Retour d'expérience sur l'usage de Tuleap dans le cadre du Programme Vitam," Use Case of the French Government VITAM programme
- "Tuleap at a Portuguese Public Institute, " Tuleap at a Portuguese Public Institute
- "tuleap/stable". Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "LICENSE file". Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Tuleap, Open Source software for Application Lifecycle Management". Tuleap. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "FLOSS WEEKLY 367: TULEAP". Tuleap. Retrieved February 17, 2016.
- "Tuleap". Framasoft. Retrieved February 23, 2016.
- "Enalean". LinkedIn. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "Project Management". Enalean SAS. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "Trackers and real-time Reports". Readthedocs.org. Retrieved January 2, 2016.
- "The Risk Tracker Template". Tuleap. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- "Top 5 open source project management tools in 2015". opensource.com. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "The new era of ALM in Airbus with Tuleap". Eclipse Foundation youtube channel. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- "Chez Airbus, on s'inspire de la philosophie de l'open source". ZDnet/. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "Tuleap is being used by the Eclipse Foundation, replacing Bugzilla". Opensource.com. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "TuleapCon 2017-CEA-Case-Study". TuleapCon website. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- "Future of Indian e-governance begins with OpenForge". OpenSourceforu.com. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "STMicroelectronics-Case-Study". TuleapCon website. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- "Orange-Case-Study". TuleapCon website. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- Retour d'expérience sur l'usage de Tuleap dans le cadre du Programme Vitam
- Tuleap at a Portuguese Public Institute
- "Tuleap: Project Summary". Open Hub. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- "Tuleap 9 allows software teams to adapt to their own agile-workspace needs". SD Times. Retrieved October 28, 2016.
- "Top 7 open source project management tools for agile teams". OpenSource.com. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- "Top 11 project management tools for 2016". OpenSource.com. Retrieved March 29, 2016.
- "BEST OF OPEN SOURCE AWARDS 2013". InfoWorld. Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "La forge libre Tuleap gagne le prix américain InfoWorld Bossie Award 2013". linuxfr.org. Retrieved February 5, 2016.