Tullahoma High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tullahoma High School|
|1001 North Jackson Street
|Type||Public high school|
|Principal||Mrs. Kathy Rose|
|Color(s)||Cardinal, Black, and White|
The current high school in Tullahoma was established on the North Jackson Street campus in 1956 and was, for many years, known as the "Million Dollar High School" due to the initial construction cost. Over the next 50 years, the school expanded from a standard two-story high school to a sprawling campus. The most recent addition to the building was the construction of the science wing in 1995. In recent years, the school faced many infrastructure problems. Work on the Wilkins Stadium began in March 2009 and the new stadium complex was completed as the 2009 school year opened. The THS Auditorium was redesigned to provide a state of the art venue for the community and school and renovation was completed in May 2010.
Tullahoma High School is represented musically by its band  and vocal departments. The Tullahoma High School Band annually competes and excels in marching competitions in the fall and concert festivals in the spring. Additionally, Tullahoma has a long history of having a large number of students accepted into the MTSBOA Mid-State clinic, and also qualify for the TMEA All-State band clinic. The vocal department supports three vocal groups, including the THS AristoCats, a chorale and show choir that has won many state and regional competitions during their long history of excellence stretching back to 1976.
Additionally, the THS theatre department brought in Mr. Aaron W. Miller to revitalize the theater program in January 2012. Their first production was Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera. Since then, Miller and his wife (affectionately known as Miss Terri) have revived the International Thespian Society Troupe #1523 (now known as the ImprovaTeerS), produced The Princess Bride, Disney's Beauty & the Beast as well as created an original production An Evening of Vaudeville with the THS ImprovaTeerS.
The school's athletic program boasts past state team championships in baseball and golf as well as individual championships in wrestling and track.
A Marine Corps Junior ROTC program was established in the 2000s.
High School 101
In the 2010-2011 school year, Tullahoma High School initiated a freshman academy called "High School 101" that is intended to provide small learning community for students in their first year in the high school. Ninth grade
- Dewon Brazelton, professional baseball player
- Steve Matthews, NFL quarterback
- Antonio London, NFL linebacker
- Bryan Morris, professional baseball player
- Justus Sheffield, professional baseball player
Samantha Burton (actress) 2010
Dustin Lynch (singer / songwriter) 2003
- The Tullahoma News, May 2010
- Birdsong, Zach (July 25, 2013). "Brazelton to be inducted into Raiders Hall of Fame". The Tullahoma News. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- Link, Dave (December 21, 2012). "Catholic High School hires Steve Matthews as football coach". Knoxville News Sentinel. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- Zimanek, Brad (May 27, 1998). "London faces crossroads in his career". Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- Birdsong, Zach (May 27, 2014). "Sheffield wins Gatorade award". The Tullahoma News. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- Shirkey, Alec (June 16, 2014). "Tribe makes deal with comp pick Sheffield official". MLB.com. Retrieved August 29, 2014.