Tully Township, Van Wert County, Ohio
|• Total||36.2 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.2 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||781 ft (238 m)|
|• Density||56/sq mi (22/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087094|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county along the Indiana line, it borders the following townships:
- Benton Township, Paulding County - north
- Blue Creek Township, Paulding County - northeast corner
- Union Township - east
- Pleasant Township - southeast corner
- Harrison Township - south
- Union Township, Adams County, Indiana - southwest
- Monroe Township, Allen County, Indiana - west
The village of Convoy is located in southeastern Tully Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Tully township, Van Wert County, Ohio - Census Bureau Profile". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 6, 2023.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved February 16, 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.