Tully Township, Van Wert County, Ohio
|Tully Township, Van Wert County, Ohio|
Fields and wind turbines in the township's far northeast
Location of Tully Township in Van Wert County
|• Total||36.2 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.2 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||781 ft (238 m)|
|• Density||58.6/sq mi (22.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087094|
Tully Township is one of the twelve townships of Van Wert County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,119 people in the township, 1,009 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county along the Indiana line, it borders the following townships:
- Benton Township, Paulding County - north
- Blue Creek Township, Paulding County - northeast corner
- Union Township - east
- Pleasant Township - southeast corner
- Harrison Township - south
- Union Township, Adams County, Indiana - southwest
- Monroe Township, Allen County, Indiana - west
The village of Convoy is located in southeastern Tully Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Van Wert County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.