Tulsa Roughnecks FC
|Full name||Tulsa Roughnecks FC|
|Co-Chairmen||Dale & Jeff Hubbard|
|2016||15th, Western Conference
|Website||Club home page|
Tulsa Roughnecks FC is an American professional soccer team based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They compete in the United Soccer League, starting in the 2015 season. Jeff and Dale Hubbard, co-owners of the Tulsa Drillers minor league baseball franchise, were announced as co-owners on December 18, 2013. The team calls itself the Roughnecks after the name received nearly 50% of the votes in a "name the team" contest held in February 2014.
The franchise is owned and operated by the Tulsa Drillers, a double-A minor league baseball club playing in the Texas League. The Drillers' co-chairs, brothers Jeff and Dale Hubbard, will serve as co-chairs of the soccer club. Prodigal, LLC., owner of Oklahoma City Energy FC, another USL club, will serves as a minority owner.
On February 26, 2014, it was announced that the team would be known as Tulsa Roughnecks FC, paying homage to the original Roughnecks which played in the original North American Soccer League from 1978 until the league folded in 1984 (and were best known for winning Soccer Bowl '83).
The team logo, colors and uniforms were introduced on September 2, 2014. The team colors are Orange and Navy Blue.
The team play at ONEOK Field. a 7,833 seat stadium that is also home to the Drillers.
|Year||Division||League||Regular Season||Playoffs||U.S. Open Cup||Avg. Attendance|
|2015||3||USL||7th, Western||Did not qualify||Third Round||4,714|
|2016||3||USL||15th, Western||Did not qualify||Second Round||3,950|
As of July 20, 2016
- Vacant – Head Coach
- Mac Orr – Assistant Coach
- Tom Taylor – Assistant Coach
- Ryan Ego – Goalkeeping Coach
- Koby Smith – Head Athletic Trainer
- Mason Robbins – Soccer Operations Assistant
Head coaching history
- David Irving (2015–2016)
- "Tulsa to Join USL PRO in 2015" (Press release). United Soccer Leagues. December 18, 2013. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Tulsa USL PRO soccer franchise holds contest to name team". Tulsa World. January 26, 2014. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Bailey, Eric (February 26, 2014). "Fans vote to resurrect Roughnecks name for new Tulsa pro soccer team". Tulsa World. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Moss, John (December 18, 2013). "Professional Soccer Is Returning To Tulsa". Tulsa, Oklahoma: KTUL-TV. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Brown, Mike (December 19, 2013). "Pro soccer headed to ONEOK Field in 2015". Tulsa World. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Roughnecks Unveil Logo, Uniforms" (Press release). United Soccer Leagues. September 2, 2014. Retrieved September 2, 2014.