Tum Bin II
|Tum Bin II|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Anubhav Sinha|
|Written by||Anubhav Sinha|
|Music by||Ankit Tiwari|
|Edited by||Farooq Hundekar|
|Box office||est. ₹6.45 crore|
Tum Bin II (Translation: Without you II) is a 2016 Indian Hindi-language romantic drama film, written and directed by Anubhav Sinha. It was produced by Sinha and Bhushan Kumar, under the T-Series banner. It is a sequel to the 2001 film, Tum Bin. The film was released on 18 November 2016.
The film centers around the life of Taran (Neha Sharma), who loses her fiancé Amar (Aashim Gulati) in a skiing accident. Her life changes when she meets Shekhar (Aditya Seal) who she initially sees as a good friend, but eventually develops feelings for. Eventually she shares a kiss with Shekhar marking the start of her process of moving on with her life.
The plot takes a sudden twist when it is revealed that Amar has survived the accident and has been in coma as an unidentified patient for the last eight months. He returns home after regaining consciousness. On learning of Amar's return, Shekhar decides to distance himself for Taran and her family. Eventually Taran realizes that she continues to have feelings for Shekhar and tell Amar about what happened when he was away. Together they decide to break up and stay close friends. Taran goes back to dating Shekhar. What Amar does not tell Taran is that he is only pretending to be okay with the breakup. And that he is very hurt and miserable without her. In the meanwhile Shekhar starts to notice that though Taran is dating him, she too misses Amar. When he speaks to Taran about this she confesses to having chose him over Amar because "it was the right thing to do". Especially after all Shekhar had done for her in Amar's absence. Once when Taran runs off to help Amar, Shekhar gets very upset and refuses to speak to Taran a number of days. Eventually he calls Taran to inform her that he's leaving the country.
The plot takes another twist when trying to find Shekhar, Taran accompanied by Amar and his father (Kanwaljit Singh) discover that Shekhar was responsible for Amar's accident. In a further twist, Amar's father confesses that he knew this all along. He also tells of Shekhar coming to him seeking forgiveness for the accident. And how he not only forgave Shekhar but also started seeing him as a son. He also confesses to having intentionally introduced Shekhar to Taran and her family in the hope of helping Taran overcome her grief.
On learning all of this, Taran along with Amar and his father hurry to the airport where they spot Shekhar about to board a plane. Eventually, Shekhar prevails over Taran explaining that dating him because "it was the right thing to do" is not enough and she should be with the one she loves the most. He eventually hugs both Taran and Amar, and departs tearfully.
- Neha Sharma as Taran
- Aditya Seal as Shekhar Malhotra
- Aashim Gulati as Amar Shah
- Kanwaljit Singh as Papa Ji (Amar's Father)
- Sonia Balani as Gurpreet
- Meher Vij as Manpreet
- Jaspreet Singh as Navjot
- Hardy Sandhu as himself in a special appearance for the song "Nachna Aonda Ni"
- Raftaar as himself in a special appearance for the song "Nachna Aonda Ni"
- Mouni Roy as herself in a special appearance for the song "Nachana Aonda Ni"
- Neha Kakkar as herself in a special appearance for the song "Nachana Aonda Ni"
- Sandali Sinha as Pia in a special appearance
The official announcement of the film was in March 2016 and the principal photography commenced in April 2016. The film was released on 18 November 2016. The film was shot mainly in Glasgow and other regions in Scotland.
The soundtrack of the movie was composed by Ankit Tiwari with lyrics written by Manoj Muntashir, except for the track "Teri Fariyad" which was written by Shakeel Azmi based on the original ghazal by Faaiz Anwar.
|Tum Bin 2|
|Soundtrack album by Ankit Tiwari|
|Released||21 October 2016|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Teri Fariyad" (original by Nikhil-Vinay)||Jagjit Singh, Rekha Bhardwaj||03:06|
|2.||"Ishq Mubarak"||Arijit Singh, Shubhanshu Kesharwani, Ankit Tiwari||04:56|
|3.||"Dekh Lena"||Arijit Singh, Tulsi Kumar||04:41|
|4.||"Jager Bomb"||Dwayne Bravo, Harshi Mad, Ankit Tiwari||03:42|
|5.||"Tum Bin"||Ankit Tiwari||06:56|
|6.||"Ki Kariye Nachna Aaonda Nahin"||Neha Kakkar, Hardy Sandhu, Raftaar||03:57|
|7.||"Teri Fariyaad (Extended Version)" (Original by Nikhil-Vinay)||Jagjit Singh, Rekha Bhardwaj||10:35|
|8.||"Masta"||Vishal Dadlani, Neeti Mohan||03:51|
|9.||"Ishq Mubarak (Redux)"||Zack Knight, Arijit Singh||03:32|
|10.||"Dekh Lena (Unplugged)"||Tulsi Kumar||04:48|
|11.||"Dil Nawaziyaan"||Arko Pravo Mukherjee, Payal Dev||03:21|
- "Tum Bin 2". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "'Tum Bin' 2 cast unveiled". The Times of India. 29 March 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Tum Bin 2 release date". Cinemalytics. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Tum Bin 2 announced, Bhushan Kumar and Anubhav Sinha come together after 15 years". The Indian Express. 29 March 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "The high stakes on Tum Bin 2 – first look and trailer". Filmivartha. 15 September 2016. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- T-Series (2016-10-03), TERI FARIYAD Video Song | Tum Bin 2 | Neha Sharma, Aditya Seal, Aashim Gulati | Jagjit Singh, retrieved 2017-10-24