Tun Tavern Brewery
|Location||2 Convention Boulevard, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||39.362086 N, 74.438797 W|
|Key people||Montgomery Dahm, Tim Kelly|
|Annual production volume||700 US beer barrels (820 hL) in 2006|
Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery is a brewpub in Atlantic City in Atlantic County, New Jersey. The brewery opened to the public in 1998 and was named for the historical Tun Tavern, a colonial establishment located in Philadelphia from 1685–1781. The brewery produced 550 barrels of beer in 2006.
Beers and other products
Tun Tavern specializes in the production of English, Irish, German, and American-style beers. Common beer styles made at the brewery include Berlin-style Weisse and hefeweizen, red ales, seasonal beers, weizenbocks, and west coast IPAs featuring hops grown locally in New Jersey.
Licensing and associations
Tun Tavern has a restricted brewery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce up to 10,000 barrels of beer per year, to sell on-premises, to wholesalers, and at festivals in the state, and to offer samples at off-premises charitable or civic events. The brewery is a member of the Garden State Craft Brewers Guild.
- Alcohol laws of New Jersey
- Beer in New Jersey
- Beer in the United States
- List of wineries, breweries, and distilleries in New Jersey
- Bryson, Lew and Mark Haynie. New Jersey Breweries. (Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole, 2008). ISBN 9780811735049.
- Pellegrino, Michael. Jersey Brew: The Story of Beer in New Jersey. (Wantage, NJ: Pellegrino & Feldstein, 2009). ISBN 9780976523314.
- New Jersey Craft Beer. "New Jersey Breweries & Brewpubs – contact info, tours, tastings and more" (10 April 2013). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery (commercial website). Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery. "Tun Tavern: Our Beers" (commercial website). Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Nurin, Tara. "Who's Who in Jersey Brewing" in New Jersey Monthly (21 February 2013). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- N.J.S.A. 33:1-10.
- Garden State Craft Brewers Guild. "The Garden State Craft Brewer's Guild: Our Members." Retrieved 13 May 2013.