This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Ameen Amaendran Abdullah (CEO)|
Tune Talk Sdn Bhd, DBA Tune Talk, is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) riding on the network of Celcom (Malaysia) Berhad. Tune Talk entered into an MVNO agreement with Celcom in December 2008. Tune Talk appointed Ameen Amaendran Abdullah as their CEO in 2018, taking over from Jason Lo who is credited with developing the company to its modern state.
Tune Talk Sdn. Bhd. officially launched its commercial service on 19 August 2009 with a pre-fix "010" cellular service by offering lower IDD calling up to 10% cheaper compared with competitors.
Tune Talk's business model emphasises customer care service and customer experience. It has an in-house customer care department and social media team.
Works are underway to enter into MVNO deals with network operators in Singapore, Indonesian, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar and the Philippines between 2010 up to 2013. Tune Talk is a MVNO and a licensed Network Service Provider and Application Service Provider with Numbering Block sanctioned by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC).
- Celcom - Owning 38%
- Tune Ventures - Owning 35.7%
- Gurtaj Singh Padda- Owning 9.6%
- East Pacific Capital Private Limited - Owning 5.85%
- Datuk Seri Kalimullah Masheerul Hassan
- Lim Kian Onn
- Mark Lankaster (CEO of Tune Hotels)
Celcom controls the largest equity stake in Tune Talk with over 38% while another 35.7% is held by Tune Ventures Sdn Bhd, of which Fernandes and Dato' Kamarudin Meranun jointly hold a 70% stake. The remaining shares are held by Tune Strategic Investments Limited, and various individuals including Dato' Sri Kalimullah Hassan, Lim Kian Onn, Jason Lo, Gurtaj Singh Padda and Mark Lankester.
- "Tune Talk appoints Ameen Abdullah as new CEO". New Straits Times. 16 January 2018. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- "Tune Talk appoints Ameen Amaendran as new CEO". Marketing Magazine Asia. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- "Ameen Abdullah". Bloomberg. Retrieved 30 November 2019.