|Directed by||M. S. Raju|
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers (dialogues)|
|Music by||Karthik Raja|
|Cinematography||S. Gopal Reddy|
|Edited by||K. V. Krishna Reddy|
Tuneega Tuneega is a Telugu film written and directed by M. S. Raju. It stars Sumanth Ashwin and Rhea Chakraborty and was produced by Maganti Ramji under Padmini Arts banner. The film is being presented and distributed by Dil Raju under Sri Venkateswara Creations Banner. It was released worldwide on 20 July 2012.
Rama Swamy (Prabhu) and Ravindra Babu (Nagababu) are childhood friends who stay together. Their kids Karthik (Sumanth Ashwin) and Nidhi (Rhea Chakraborty) are of the same age but they hate each other and torment each other by playing pranks. After a while, Nidhi is sent abroad for her further studies.
After a gap of 12 years, Nidhi comes back and meets Karthik at a family function. It’s love at first sight for Karthik, but he hides his identity. Slowly Nidhi comes to know the truth, and in the process, falls for Karthik’s charms. Just when everything seems rosy, Nidhi’s family wants her to marry someone else. The rest of the story is about how Karthik wins his love.
- Sumanth Ashwin as Karthik
- Rhea Chakraborty as Nidhi
- Prabhu as Ramasamy
- Naga Babu as Ravindra Babu
- Manisha Yadav as Maithri
- Vasundhara Kashyap as Neethu
- Abinaya as Kavya
- Sayaji Shinde as James/Narrator
- Paruchuri Venkateswara Rao
- Vinod Kumar as Ravindra Babu's brother-in-law
- Chandra Mohan as priest
- MS Narayana
- Melkote as head master
Sumanth Ashwin, son of director and producer M. S. Raju, is being introduced with the film. The title is inspired by the Telugu song 'Tunnega Tuneega' from the film Manasantha Nuvve, which was also produced by M. S. Raju. Reports of Sumanth's debut were afloat since 2007 in the media. M. S. Raju confirmed that he considered Sumanth for the lead role in Vaana. But M. S. Raju decided not to introduce him with Vaana as the character needed an experienced actor. In December 2007, Sumanth's debut film under the direction of Teja was announced. It was announced that the movie would be made under M. S. Raju's banner Sumanth Art Productions. It was launched on 14 December 2007. Due to undisclosed reasons, it never went onto sets and the film was shelved. In April 2010, it was reported that V. N. Aditya was directing Sumanth's debut film under their home banner. In May 2010, it was announced that the film was titled Mirchi with Maganti Ramji producing and Aditya directing.
In January 2011, it was announced that V. N. Aditya was no longer part of the project and M. S. Raju would direct. In March 2012, it was announced that the filming had been completed and the film was titled Tunnega Tuneega. It was also announced that Dil Raju's Sri Venkateswara Creations will present and distribute the film. In April 2012, the first look was released, and it was revealed that former MTV VJ Rhea Chakraborty is paired alongside Sumanth. It was censored on 16 July and received a 'U' certificate.
This film got negative reviews. Greatandhra.com wrote Zero Buzz with rating 2.25/5 and better to watch real Tuneega in park than going to the theater as a bottom line.
|Soundtrack album by Karthik Raja|
|Released||10 January 2012|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack was composed by Karthik Raja, his first Telugu film. The album consists of eight songs: four were penned by Krishna Chaitanya and three by Sirivennela Sitaramasastri. The soundtrack album was released on 10 June 2012 at Lalitha Kala Thoranam in Hyderabad. It was released through Aditya Music label.
|1.||"Mike Testing"||Krishna Chaitanya||Ranjith||03:50|
|2.||"Tuneega Tuneega"||Krishna Chaitanya||MK Balaji||03:05|
|3.||"Dhigu Dhigu Jabilee"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Karthik, Rita||04:01|
|4.||"Hatsoff Oyi Brahma"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Tippu||03:39|
|5.||"Pedavanchullo Prema"||Krishna Chaitanya||Rahul Nambiar||01:42|
|6.||"Ahista Ahista"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Karthik, Rita||05:11|
|7.||"Dhoodi Pinja Lanti Pilla"||Krishna Chaitanya||Rahul Nambiar||04:01|
- Best Male Debut (2013): Sumanth Ashwin
- "USA 1st Week Schedule : Tuniga Tuniga Overseas by 14 Reels through FICUS". 123telugu.com. 1998-01-01. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Tuneega Tuneega releases on July 20". Supergoodmovies.com. 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Venkatesh, Mahesh Babu and Prabhas are chief guests to 'Tuneega Tuneega' Audio Release – Devudu Chesina Manushulu, DCM Movie Review, DCM Movie Public Talk, DCM Movie 1st Day Public Talk, DCM Movie Ratings, DCM Movie Live Review, DCM Movie Live Updates Timesofap". Timesofap.com. 2012-06-10. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Review : Tuneega Tuneega – Stale Love Story". 123telugu.com. 2012-07-20. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "MS Raju interview on Vaana – chitchat – Telugu film director and producer". Idlebrain.com. 2008-01-07. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Events – MS Raju's Son Sumanth's Film Launched". IndiaGlitz. 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "V N Aditya directs M S Sumanth – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2010-04-01. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Sumanth Ashwin's debut film is Mirchi". Raagalahari.com. 2010-04-05. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "M.S.Raju turns director for his son Sumanth Ashwin!". Telugu.way2movies.com. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Sumanth Ashwin’s debut film Tuneega Tuneega in M S Raju and Dil Raju combination". Raagalahari.com. 2012-03-03. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "M S Raju-Sumanth Ashwin’s Tuneega Tuneega first look poster". Raagalahari.com. 2012-04-14. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Tuneega Tuneega gets U certificate". Raagalahari.com. 2012-07-16. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- A S, Sashidhar. "Tuneega Tuneega audio unveiled". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "CineMAa Awards 2013 Winners". tollywoodandhra.in. 15 June 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.