Tunica United Methodist Church
|Elevation||66 ft (20 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||556277|
Residents are zoned to West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. Primary schools serving Tunica are Bains Lower Elementary School and Bains Elementary School in Bains. Secondary schools serving Tunica are West Feliciana Middle School and West Feliciana High School in Bains. The West Feliciana Parish Library is located in St. Francisville. The library, previously a part of the Audubon Regional Library System, became independent in January 2004.
Elementary school children previously attended Tunica Elementary School. The Tunica Elementary building, on Louisiana Highway 66, is 20 miles (32 km) from St. Francisville. The original school administration office and wings opened in 1953, with a third wing and multi-purpose building added at a later point. The school is several miles from the main entrance of Louisiana State Penitentiary (LSP), and some of its students lived on the LSP grounds and surrounding area within the Tunica Hills area. On May 18, 2011, due to budget cuts, the parish school board voted to close Tunica Elementary.
- "Tunica, Louisiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Post Office Location - TUNICA Archived 2012-06-16 at the Wayback Machine.." United States Postal Service. Retrieved on September 28, 2010.
- Rivas, Brittany. "West Feliciana board closes elementary school Archived 2014-06-30 at the Wayback Machine.." WBRZ. May 18, 2007. Retrieved on February 18, 2012.
- "Schools Archived 2010-07-15 at the Wayback Machine.." West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on August 16, 2010.
- "Directory." West Feliciana Parish Library. Retrieved on September 29, 2010.
- "About Us." West Feliciana Parish Library. Retrieved on September 29, 2010.
- "Fair enlivens out-of-the-way school." The Advocate. May 18, 1991. Retrieved on August 16, 2010. "Tunica Elementary is only a few miles from the main gate of the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola and some of its students live on the 18000 acre prison"
- "Our School." Tunica Elementary School. Retrieved on March 5, 2011.