Tunnel of Love (railway)
|Tunnel of Love|
|Native name||Тунель Кохання|
|Operator(s)||Ukrainian Railways (UZ)|
|Line length||5 km (3.1 mi)[note 1]|
|Number of tracks||Single track|
|Track gauge||1,520 mm (4 ft 11+27⁄32 in)|
The Tunnel of Love (Ukrainian: Туне́ль Коха́ння, Tunel Kokhannya) is a section of industrial railway located near Klevan, Ukraine, that links it with Orzhiv. It is a railway surrounded by green arches and is three to five kilometers in length. It is known for being a favorite place for couples to take walks since trains pass thrice a day.
The line starts at Klevan station, on the Kovel-Rivne line, and reaches a fibreboard factory in the northern area of Orzhiv, also served by a station on the main line. The whole line is about 6.4 km long.,[note 2] and about 4.9 km[note 3] is covered by forest, within which this tunnel stretches anywhere from 3 to said 4.9 km, depending on how individuals measure it.
- Length referred to the whole line
- Cumulated length of OSM ways 349575892, 416369692, 183417953, 349575891
- Length of OSM way 183417953
- Sinha, Sanskrity (15 May 2012). "Tunnel of Love in Klevan, Ukraine, a Fairytale Train Track".
- "Unused Railway Track in Ukraine Forms Tunnel of Love [PHOTOS]". International Business Times UK. 15 May 2012.
- Ristuccia, Marco; Roth, Christine (2018). In the Tunnel of Love: images of Ukraine today (Hardcover). Berlin: The Light Beam Publishing. p. 124. ISBN 978-3-947714-06-3.
- Ristuccia, Marco; Roth, Christine (2018). In the Tunnel of Love: images of Ukraine today (Softcover). Berlin: The Light Beam Publishing. p. 124. ISBN 978-3-947714-07-0.
- Ristuccia, Marco; Roth, Christine (2018). In the Tunnel of Love: images of Ukraine today (eBook). Berlin: The Light Beam Publishing. p. 124. ISBN 978-3-947714-08-7.
- Reportage: In the Tunnel of Love (June 2017)
- 10 Most Fascinating Tunnels - ODDEE
- Tunnel of Love in Ukraine at placestoseeinyourlifetime.com
- on YouTube
- on YouTube