Tunnel of Love (railway)
|Tunnel of Love |
Tunnel of Love near Klevan
|Operator(s)||Ukrainian Railways (UZ)|
|Line length||5 km (3.1 mi)[note 1]|
|Number of tracks||Single track|
|Track gauge||1,520 mm (4 ft 11 27⁄32 in)|
The Tunnel of Love (Ukrainian: Туне́ль Коха́ння, Tunel Kokhannya) is a section of industrial railway located near Klevan, Ukraine, that links it with Orzhiv. It is a railway surrounded by green arches and is three to five kilometers in length. It is known for being a favorite place for couples to take walks.
The line starts at Klevan station, on the Kovel-Rivne line, and reaches the northern area of Orzhiv, also served by a station on the main line. The whole line is about 6.4 km long.,[note 2] and about 4.9 km[note 3] is covered by forest, within which this tunnel stretches anywhere from 3 to said 4.9 km, depending on how individuals count it.
- Length referred to the whole line
- Cumulated length of OSM ways 349575892, 416369692, 183417953, 349575891
- Length of OSM way 183417953
- "Tunnel of Love in Klevan, Ukraine, a Fairytale Train Track". 24 August 2012.
- "Unused Railway Track in Ukraine Forms Tunnel of Love [PHOTOS]". International Business Times UK. 15 May 2012.
- Ristuccia, Marco; Roth, Christine (2018). In the Tunnel of Love: images of Ukraine today (Hardcover). Berlin: The Light Beam Publishing. p. 124. ISBN 978-3-947714-06-3.
- Ristuccia, Marco; Roth, Christine (2018). In the Tunnel of Love: images of Ukraine today (Softcover). Berlin: The Light Beam Publishing. p. 124. ISBN 978-3-947714-07-0.
- Ristuccia, Marco; Roth, Christine (2018). In the Tunnel of Love: images of Ukraine today (eBook). Berlin: The Light Beam Publishing. p. 124. ISBN 978-3-947714-08-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tunnel of Love.|
- Reportage: In the Tunnel of Love (June 2017)
- 10 Most Fascinating Tunnels (cool tunnels) - ODDEE
- Tunnel of Love in Ukraine at placestoseeinyourlifetime.com
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
|This Ukrainian rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|