Tuoketuo Power Station
|Tuoketuo Power Station|
|Location||Togtoh County, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia|
|Commission date||November 1995|
|Owner(s)||Tuoketuo Power Company|
|Thermal power station|
|Units operational||8 × 600 MW |
2 × 300 MW
2 × 660 MW
|Nameplate capacity||6,720 MW|
|Annual net output||33.317 TWh|
The Tuoketuo Power Station (Chinese: 托克托电厂; pinyin: Tuōkètuō Diànchǎng) is the largest coal-fired power station in the world. The plant is located in Togtoh County, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China. The plant was commissioned in November 1995 by the Tuoketuo Power Company, which currently owns and operates the power station.
The Tuoketuo Power Company is currently owned by three separate companies:
The units of the facility were commissioned in six separate phases, each phase consisting of two units, rated at 600 MW each, all of which run on coal. The 1st and 2nd units were commissioned in June and July 2003, the 3rd and 4th units were commissioned in July and September 2004, the 5th and 6th units were commissioned in September and November 2005, the 7th and 8th units were commissioned in June 2006 and 9th and 10th units were commissioned in 2011. Two more 660 MW ultra-supercritical units were commissioned in 2017.
Two additional units of 300 MW each were also commissioned, of which the generated power is used for the operations of the power plant itself, and not used or delivered outside the facility. With the addition of the final stage, it became the largest thermal power station in the world.
The interval of 50 days between the commissioning of the two units of Phase I set a new record of the shortest construction time among comparable units in the North China region.
The power plant exploits coal from the Junggar Coalfield approximately 50 km (31 mi) away, and meets its water requirements by pumping its needs from the Yellow River, located 12 km (7 mi) away.
- "Tuoketuo Power Company". Retrieved 16 March 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Tuoketuo Power Station - Phase 4" (in Chinese). Retrieved 16 March 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Datang Tuoketuo Coal Power Station". Global Energy Observatory. Archived from the original on 31 May 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- ""富煤少水"因地制宜 大唐托克托电公司率先发展开展综合提效工作-新华网". Xinhua News Agency. Archived from the original on 9 October 2015. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- "大唐托克托发电公司五期投产成为世界最大火力发电厂". www.cec.org.cn. China Electricity Council. 2017-02-27. Archived from the original on 2018-12-03. Retrieved 2018-12-03.