Tupelo micropolitan area
|Tupelo micropolitan statistical area|
|Counties||Itawamba, Lee, Pontotoc|
|• Total||1,494 sq mi (3,870 km2)|
|• Land||1,479 sq mi (3,830 km2)|
|• Water||16 sq mi (40 km2)|
|• Density||5/sq mi (2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
The Tupelo Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in northeastern Mississippi that covers three counties - Itawamba, Lee and Pontotoc. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 125,251 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 134,161).
- Nettleton (partial)
- Sherman (partial)
As of the census of 2000, there were 125,251 people, 48,070 households, and 34,881 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 79.37% White, 18.98% African American, 0.16% Native American, 0.37% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.47% from other races, and 0.64% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.27% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $33,125, and the median income for a family was $39,929. Males had a median income of $29,781 versus $21,495 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $16,523.
- List of metropolitan areas in Mississippi
- List of micropolitan areas in Mississippi
- List of cities in Mississippi
- List of towns and villages in Mississippi
- List of census-designated places in Mississippi
- List of United States metropolitan areas
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-29.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.