|Cutaway of a Turbomeca Arriel|
|Major applications||Agusta A109
The Turbomeca Arriel is a highly successful series of French turboshaft engines that first ran in 1974. Weighing 109 kg (240 lb), the Arriel 1 has a power output of 520 kW (700 hp). 10,000 examples had been produced by 2012. The Zhuzhou WZ-8 (Turboshaft) and WJ-9 (Turboprop) was the designation for Turbomeca Arriel production in China.
- Agusta A109
- Eurocopter Dauphin
- Eurocopter Ecureuil
- Harbin Z-9
- Harbin Z-19
- MBB/Kawasaki BK 117
- Eurocopter EC145
- Sikorsky S-76
Specifications (Arriel 1)
Data from FAA Type Certificate Data Sheet.
- Type: turboshaft
- Length: 112.2 cm (44.2 in)
- Diameter: 60 cm (24 in)
- Dry weight: 111 kg (245 lb)
- Compressor: Single-stage axial plus single-stage centrifugal
- Combustors: Annular combustion chamber
- Turbine: Single-stage power turbine, two-stage gas generator turbine
- Fuel type: Jet A1
- Maximum power output: 681 shp (508 kW)
- Turbine inlet temperature: 840 °C
- Power-to-weight ratio: 5kw/kg approx
- Related lists
- Gunston 1989, p.170.
- FAA Type Certificate Data Sheet Retrieved: 2 November 2008
- Gunston, Bill (1986). World Encyclopedia of Aero Engines. Wellingborough: Patrick Stephens. p. 166.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Turbomeca Arriel.|
|This aircraft engine article is missing some (or all) of its specifications. If you have a source, you can help Wikipedia by adding them.|