Turf (Image Comics)
Cover of Turf 1 (April 2010). Art by Tommy Lee Edwards.
|Publication date||April 2010 – June 2011|
|Number of issues||5|
|Artist(s)||Tommy Lee Edwards|
|Colorist(s)||Tommy Lee Edwards|
Tommy Lee Edwards
The narrative is set in 1920s Prohibition-era New York and features period typical gangsters alongside vampires and aliens. Ross himself, describes the comic as:
|“||An intelligent popcorn movie. lots of action, lots of setting, lots of cool ideas, but with an emotional heart to it.||”|
The first 20,000 copies of issue 1 sold out on pre-orders alone. In interview, Ross has said that he intends the mini-series to run for five issues, eventually being released in a hardback collection and potentially a film adaptation, to be made by Matthew Vaughn.
The series was collected into a single volume:
- Turf (180 pages, hardcover, Images Comics, August 2011, ISBN 1-60706-400-6, Titan Books, September 2011, ISBN 1-84856-895-9)
- Aitkenhead, Decca (April 9, 2010). "Jonathan Ross: Can I be honest with you?". The Guardian. Retrieved April 10, 2010.
- Richards, Dave (September 1, 2009). "Tommy Lee Edwards & Jonathan Ross Defend Their "Turf"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- "Image Comics Announces "Turf"" (Press release). Comic Book Resources. January 7, 2010. Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- Johnston, Rich (August 20, 2009). "Turf – Jonathan Ross And Tommy Lee Edwards' New Comic". Bleeding Cool.
- Smart, James (15 September 2011). "Turf by Jonathan Ross & Tommy Lee Edwards – review". The Guardian.