||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Princess Welf Ernst of Hanover|
|Born||26 November 1948|
|Spouse||Prince Welf of Hanover|
|House||Hanover (by marriage)|
|Hanoverian Royal Family|
Turiya Hanover, aka Wibke, Princess Welf Ernst of Hanover, née van Gunsteren (born 1948, Lübeck), is a German psychotherapist and wife of the late Prince Welf of Hanover of the House of Hanover. She has published some guided meditations.
Wibke was born as daughter of Ursula Schmidt-Prange and Dr. Hans-Daniel Christians, a physician. Her mother then married Harry van Gunsteren and the whole young family took van Gunsteren as surname including the step-daughter Wibke.
In 1969 Wibke married Prince Welf of Hanover, a first cousin of Prince Ernst August of Hanover the current head of the House of Guelf as well as a first cousin of Charles, Prince of Wales the current heir to the throne of the British Commonwealth.
In 1970, they had a child, Princess Saskia of Hanover, currently known as Mrs Saskia Hooper.
In 1973 Wibke started to work as Gestalt therapist. In 1975 she and her husband Welf moved to India, having become sannyasins of Osho and taken the names Vimalkirti ("Spotless splendour") and Wibke Turiya ("Spiritual love"). Along with their five-year-old daughter Tania Saskia they moved to Poona, India to live with Osho.
Although there are claims that they were divorced in 1979 there was no such divorce. They were married until prince Welf died in 1981. Currently Turiya (Wibke) Hanover lives with another sannyasin, Rupda, in Byron Bay, Australia.
Turiya has published at least five guided meditations:
- Awakening of the Heart
- Forgiveness Meditation
- Healing the Body
- Compassion and Forgiveness
- Gratitude and Appreciation
- Healing the Wounded Heart
- Allan Raymond (24 June 2008). "Hanover Royal Family". Monarchies of Europe website. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- Darryl Lundy (1 July 2003). "Tania Saskia Viktoria-Luise Prinzessin von Hannover". ThePeerage.com. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Wilhelm Bittorf (3 February 1981). "Ein Welfe im Nirwana: Der Tod eines deutschen Prinzen, der für Bhagwan lebte". Der Spiegel. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- The Peerage - A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe, Person Page - Wibke van Gunsteren
- Marlene Eilers Koenig, The divorce that never was
- Marlene Eilers Koenig, Queen Victoria's Descendants
- Record Labels from New Earth Records
- article in Der Spiegel: Ein Welfe im Nirwana: Der Tod eines deutschen Prinzen, der für Bhagwan lebte
- Allan Raymond, Monarchies of Europe, Hanover Royal Family