A testicle festival is an event held at several small towns in which the featured activity is the consumption of animal testicles, usually battered and fried. The oldest such festival takes place in Byron, Illinois, and features turkey testicles. Similar festivals are held in Deerfield, Michigan; Olean, Missouri; Tiro, Ohio; Oakdale, California;Ashland, Nebraska; Huntley, Illinois; Stillwater, Oklahoma;Salmon, Idaho Clinton, Montana, and Dundas, Wisconsin some of which feature cattle testicles. The Montana State Society has held an annual 'Rocky Mountain Oyster Festival' in Arlington, Virginia since 2005.
Every year in September the villages of Ozrem and Lunjevica in the municipality of Gornji Milanovac, Serbia, hosts the World Testicle Cooking Championship. The festival serves up a variety of testicles, including wildlife. It also gives awards for "ballsy" news makers. U.S. President Barack Obama and pilot Chesley Sullenberger won awards in 2010.
- "Turkey Testicle Festival draws crowd to Huntley". DailyHerald.com. 2010-11-24. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Turkey Testicle Festival". 2camels.com. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Tumbleweed Calf Fry Official Website".
- Diners can 'have a ball' at testicle festival
- Offer 'foodies' something new to boost tourism, expert says Archived 2012-09-04 at Archive.today
- "This Year's Testicle Festival Theme: 'A Royal Ball'". ARLnow.com. 2013-04-30. Retrieved 2014-05-15.
- Have a Ball at Serbia’s Testicle Cooking Championship
- World Testicle Cooking Championship Official Site
- Chefs compete at World Testicle Cooking Championship