Turkey national cricket team
Turkish Cricket Board
|International Cricket Council|
|ICC status||Affiliate-Member (2008)|
|First international||7 September 2009 v Estonia at Corfu, Greece|
|As of 2 September 2009|
The Turkish national cricket team (Turkish: Türkiye Milli Kriket Takımı) is a fledgling team, which represents Turkey in international cricket competitions. They were granted affiliate status by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in June 2008.
In April 2018, the ICC granted full Twenty20 International (T20I) status to all its members. Therefore, all Twenty20 matches played between Turkey and another international side after 1 January 2019 will be a full T20I.
In September 2009 Turkey took part in the 2009 European Cricket Championship Division 5 in Corfu, Greece. This was their first international cricket tournament. Turkey recorded their first win in international cricket against Bulgaria during the tournament, although this could not stop them finishing sixth and last.
- The following list contains the 14 players in Turkey's squad for the European Cricket Championship Division 5:
- Jonathan Clarkson (Captain)
- Hüseyin Şener Şen
- Mubashir Khan
- Athar Imran Opal
- Mohammad Razak
- Ali Türkmen
- Muhammad Aasim
- Colin Sutcliffe
- I. Sharif
- Syed Ateeq Ahmad
- Christopher Wade
- S. Haider
- Stephen Bryant
- K. Anwar
- Hunnain Durrani
- Saran Girdwood
- Salman Ali
- Sir Larold Cagdas
- Highest team total: 129 all out v Czech Republic, 8 September 2009 at Corfu, Greece
- Lowest team total: 41 all out v Greece, 11 September 2009 at Corfu, Greece
- Highest individual innings: 39, Muhammad Aasim v Czech Republic, 8 September 2009 at Corfu, Greece
- Best innings bowling: 5/8, Mohammad Razak v Bulgaria, 12 September 2009 at Corfu, Greece
- "All T20I matches to get international status". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "Turkey squad for the European Cricket Championship Division 5". European Cricket Council. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 2 September 2009.
- Turkey v Czech Republic at icc-europe
- Turkey v Greece at icc-europe
- Turkey v Bulgaria at icc-europe
- 'Slogging The Slavs: A Paranormal Cricket Tour from the Baltic to the Bosphorus', by Angus Bell
|This article about a cricket team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|